Claude Seignolle (25 June 1917 – 13 July 2018) was a French author. He wrote about folklore and archaeology before he turned to fiction. He has also written under the pseudonyms 'Starcante', 'S. Claude' and 'Jean-Robert Dumoulin'. In 1937 he co-wrote with his brother The Folklore of Hurepoix, which was praised by Pierre Mac Orlan and Blaise Cendrars. In 1945 he published his first novel Le Rond des sorciers.
Bibliography of works in English[change | change source]
- Man with Seven Wolves, The Child's World (Minn.), 1992 (novel, with Jacqueline Kergueno)
- The Accursed, George Allen & Unwin Ltd. (London), 1967 (two novellas)
- The Nightcharmer: And Other Tales, Texas A&M University Press (College Station, Texas), 1983 (stories)
- The Black Cupboard, Ex Occidente (Bucharest, Romania), 2010 (novella)
References[change | change source]
- Seignolle, Claude (1959). Le Diable en Sabots.- le Rond des Sorciers. Présentation d'Andre Rousseaux (in French). Slatkin Reprint. p. 184. ISBN 2051003106.
- Claude Seignolle, l'insaisissable centenaire (French)
- "Dordogne : l'écrivain Claude Seignolle a 100 ans". SudOuest.fr.
- "Claude Seignolle : le diable en sabots s'en est allé..." 14 July 2018.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Claude Seignolle, 70 ans de couvertures, official author site