Bowyer at the 2015 Daytona 500
May 30, 1979 |
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight||160 lb (73 kg)|
|Achievements||2002 NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Midwest Division Champion
2008 NASCAR Nationwide Series Champion
2011 Prelude to the Dream Winner
2014, 2015 Sprint Showdown Winner
|NASCAR Sprint Cup Series statistics|
|433 races run over 13 years|
|Car #, team||No. 14 (Stewart-Haas Racing)|
|2017 Sprint Cup position||18th|
|Best Cup position||2nd (2012)|
|First race||2005 Subway Fresh 500 (Phoenix)|
|Last race||2017 Ford EcoBoost 400 (Homestead)|
|First win||2007 Sylvania 300 (New Hampshire)|
|Last win||2012 Bank of America 500 (Charlotte)|
|NASCAR Camping World Truck Series statistics|
|14 races run over 6 years|
|2016 NCWTS position||84th|
|Best NCWTS position||42nd (2006)|
|First race||2006 Kroger 250 (Martinsville)|
|Last race||2016 Toyota Tundra 250 (Kansas)|
|First win||2006 Silverado 350K (Texas)|
|Last win||2011 O'Reilly Auto Parts 250 (Kansas)|
Early career[change | change source]
Clint Bowyer started racing when he was five years old. When he was five, his main interest was motocross racing. In 2000, Bowyer won the Modified Championship at Thunderhill Speedway in Mayetta, Kansas. Bowyer also won the 2001 Modified championship at Lakeside Speedway in Kansas City, Kansas. Bowyer won the 2002 NASCAR Weekly Racing Series Midwest Championship.
In 2003, Bowyer raced a full season in the NASCAR AutoZone Elite Division Midwest Series. Bowyer was seen by Richard Childress after leading 47 laps and finishing second in a race at Nashville Superspeedway. Bowyer started racing in the NASCAR Sprint cup Series in 2006. He raced for Richard Childress Racing from 2006 until 2012, earning the team's 100th Sprint Cup Series win at Talladega Superspeedway in late 2011.
At the end of 2011 Bowyer left Richard Childress Racing and joined Michael Waltrip Racing. He drove for Waltrip from the 2012 season to the 2015 season. Bowyer then drove for HScott Motorsports in 2016 and joined Stewart-Haas Racing in 2017.
References[change | change source]
- "Bowyer hung tough to clinch first Nationwide title". Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Clint Bowyer Driver Stats". Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Clint Bowyer Reflects On Developments That Led To Breakup With Richard Childress Racing". SBNation.com. Retrieved 2018-01-29.
- "RCR gets 100th series win courtesy of Clint Bowyer". Motorsport.com. Retrieved 2018-01-29.
- "Clint Bowyer ready to contend with new owner". Retrieved 2012-03-04.
Related websites[change | change source]
- Official site
- Sprint Cup driver page at NASCAR.com
- Career statistics at racing-reference.info
- The Hartford Racing Team’s Clint Bowyer profile - Official site
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Clint Bowyer.|