Clint Bowyer (born May 30, 1979) is an American NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver. He drives the number #15 5 Hour Energy Chevrolet SS for H Scott Motorsports. He won the 2008 NASCAR Nationwide Series championship.
Early career[change | change source]
Clint Bowyer started racing when he was five years old. When he was five, he was into motocross racing. In 2000, Bowyer won the Modified car Championship at Thunderhill Speedway in Mayetta, Kansas. Bowyer also won the 2001 Modified car championship at Lakeside Speedway in Kansas City, Kansas. Bowyer won the 2002 NASCAR Weekly Racing series Midwest Championship.
In 2003, Bowyer raced a full season in the NASCAR AutoZone Elite Division Midwest Series. Bowyer was seen by Richard Childress after leading 47 laps and finishing second in a race at Nashville Superspeedway. Bowyer started racing in the NASCAR Sprint cup series in 2006.
2011[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Bowyer hung tough to clinch first Nationwide title". Retrieved 15-10-2010. Check date values in:
- "Clint Bowyer Driver Stats". Retrieved 15-10-2010. Check date values in:
- "Clint Bowyer ready to contend with new owner". Retrieved 04-03-2012. Check date values in:
Related websites[change | change source]
- Official site
- Sprint Cup driver page at NASCAR.com
- Career statistics at racing-reference.info
- The Hartford Racing Team’s Clint Bowyer profile - Official site
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Clint Bowyer.|