Clinton Family Portrait
Clinton Family Portrait is an oil painting by American artist Larry D. Alexander. Alexander, who is from the state of Arkansas, painted this portrait in 1995 and gave it as a gift to then U.S. President Bill Clinton who is also from Arkansas. It is now a part of the permanent collection at the Clinton Presidential Library in Little Rock, Arkansas.The painting was inspired from a childhood memory of a talk Alexander once had with some childhood friends about doing a painting of the first president to be elected from Arkansas, something that they didn’t think would happen any time soon.It was painted in Irving, Texas in early 1995 and was shipped to the White House early in that same year.
References[change | change source]
- Terry Lee Jones, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Archives, "Irving artist gives his presidential portrait to Clintons", page 10A, August 21, 1995.
- "Presidential portrait receives stamp of approval", Dallas Morning News/Irving News Edition/Artimes Magazine, August, 1995.
- - "Jaycee Park gallery featuring exhibit of works by local artist"
- - "Alexander receives Clinton's thank you for portrait"
- - "Different Strokes" - Dallas Morning News/Irving News - Lizabeth Cardenas
- - Encyclopedia of Arkansas - Larry Dell Alexander
- Terry Lee Jones, Irving artist gives his presidential portrait to Clintons, page 10A, August 21, 1995.
- "Former PB resident paints Clinton Portrait"