||This biographical article needs more citations for verification. (June 2016)|
||The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand. (March 2015)|
||This article's tone or style may not be appropriate for Wikipedia. Specific concerns may be found on the talk page. (March 2015)|
|Justin Drew Bieber|
Bieber during his Purpose World Tour in 2015.
|Birth name||Justin Drew Bieber|
March 1, 1994 |
London, Ontario, Canada
|Origin||Stratford, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||Pop, R&B, teen pop|
|Occupations||Singer-songwriter, musician, record producer, actor, dancer, investor|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, piano, drums, trumpet|
Justin Drew Bieber (born March 1, 1994 in Stratford, Ontario, Canada) is a Canadian pop singer and actor, discovered by Keith Vocke. He was discovered on YouTube in 2008. He grew up in Ontario. When he was 12, he went into a local singing contest. He came in third place.
In 2009, Bieber toured with Iyaz and Taylor Swift, and travelled in the United States. His first album, My World, features four singles, "One Time", "One Less Lonely Girl", "Favorite Girl", and "Love Me". He signed to a record deal with Usher. He released My World 2.0 in March 2010 as his second album, as well as going on a world tour. Purposes's single "Sorry" is Justin's most popular song. [https://www.thoughtco.com/top-justin-bieber-songs-3243847]
He has a younger brother and sister. His parents never married each other.
Bieber has released a book called Justin Bieber: First Step 2 Forever: My Story.
On December 23, 2013, the album Journals was released. It has fifteen songs. Ten have been released as singles.
The album Purpose came out in late 2015. It includes the singles "Sorry", "Love Yourself", and "Company". Earlier in the year, he was arrested for being reckless.
Personal life[change | change source]
On January 23, 2014,Justin was arrested in Miami, Florida, for drunk driving, resisting arrest and driving with an expired drivers license.
Bieber dated singer/songwriter Selena Gomez from 2011 to 2012, and on and off from 2013 to 2014. Even though he said in an interview in 2014 that he and Gomez were officially together once again, they broke up again.
History[change | change source]
Born on March 1, 1994, in Stratford, Ontario, Canada, Justin Bieber was raised by a single mom in the small town of Stratford. Bieber, whose debut album, My World, hit stores in November 2009, is a true overnight success, having gone from an unknown, untrained singer whose mother posted YouTube clips of her boy performing, to a superstar with a big-time record deal, all in just two years.
Bieber always had an interest in music. His mother gave him a drum kit for his second birthday and, as he tells it, he was "basically banging on everything I could get my hands on." But it was an obscure talent contest in his hometown, in which the 12-year-old Bieber finished second that put him on the road to superstardom. As a way to share his singing with family, Justin and his mom began posting clips of Bieber performing covers of Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson and Ne-Yo on YouTube. Within months, Justin was an Internet sensation, with a large following of fans and an eager manager arranging for the teenager to fly to Atlanta to consider a record deal. There, Bieber had a chance meeting with Usher, who eventually signed the young singer to a contract.
Discography[change | change source]
Albums[change | change source]
- My World (2009)
- My World 2.0 (2010)
- My Worlds Acoustic (2010)
- Never Say Never: The Remixes (2011)
- Under the Mistletoe (2011)
- Believe (2012)
- Believe Acoustic (2013)
- Journals (2013)
- Purpose (2015)
Singles[change | change source]
- "One Time" (2009)
- "One Less Lonely Girl" (2009)
- "Baby" (2010); featuring Ludacris
- "Somebody to Love" (2010); featuring Usher
- "Never Say Never" (2010)
- "U Smile" (2010)
- "Pray" (2010)
- "Eenie Meenie" (2010); featuring Sean Kingston
- "Never Say Never" (2010); featuring Jaden Smith
- "Next to You" (2011); featuring Chris Brown
- "Mistletoe" (2011)
- "Fa La La" (2011); featuring Boys II
- "As Long As You Love Me" (2012); featuring Big Sean
- "Beauty And A Beat" (2012); featuring Nicki Minaj
- "All That Matters" (2013)
- "Confident" (2013); featuring Chance the Rapper
- "Where Are Ü Now" (2015); featuring Jack ü
- "What Do You Mean?" (2015)
- "Sorry" (2015)
- "Love Yourself" (2015)
- "Company" (2016)
- "Friends" (2017); featuring Bloodpop
Filmography[change | change source]
Movies[change | change source]
Television[change | change source]
2009[change | change source]
- True Jackson, VP - Himself
- My Date With... - Himself
2010[change | change source]
- Silent Library - Himself
- School Gyrls - Himself
- Saturday Night Live - Guest star and performer
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - Jason McCann (two episodes)
- Hubworld - Guest star
- The X Factor (UK) - Performer
2011[change | change source]
- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition - Guest star
2012[change | change source]
2013[change | change source]
2015[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Justin Bieber Biography & Awards". Billboard. Retrieved June 15, 2010.
- Farber, Jim (March 23, 2010). "Justin Bieber, 'My World 2.0'". New York Daily News. Retrieved June 14, 2010.
- Collar, Matt; Leahey, Andrew. "Justin Bieber: Overview". All music. Macrovision Corporation. Retrieved October 21, 2009.
- Mitchell, Gail (April 28, 2009). "Usher Introduces Teen Singer Justin Bieber". Billboard. e5 Global Media. Retrieved July 23, 2009.
- "Justin Bieber artist profile". MTV. Retrieved December 22, 2009.
- "Justin Bieber "My World" Part 2 On iTunes Soon!". Disney Dreaming. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- Rich, Katey. "Justin Bieber Opens Up About Selena Gomez Breakup, Defends Peeing in a Bucket". HWD. Retrieved 2017-10-29.