Clyde // is a city in Sandusky County, Ohio, United States. The population was 6,325 at the 2010 census. The National Arbor Day Foundation has designated Clyde as a Tree City USA. Clyde was named after Clyde, New York, the hometown of an early resident.
Notable residents[change | change source]
- Sherwood Anderson - author
- Tim Anderson - NFL defensive tackle, Atlanta Falcons
- Chi Laughlin - 1981 Little Mr. America 
- James B. McPherson - Union major general.
- George W. Norris - United States Senator from Nebraska.
- Rodger Young - Medal of Honor recipient, World War II
References[change | change source]
- "A Pronunciation Guide to Places in Ohio". E.W.Scripps School of Journalism. Retrieved 2008-12-19.
- Twentieth Century History of Sandusky County, Ohio and Representative Citizens, ed. Basil Meek (Evansville, IN: Whipporwill Publications, 1989), p. 311
- Winesburg, Ohio, Sherwood Anderson, 1919. Chapter 1. Accessed 1 November 2014.
- James Birdseye McPherson, Major General, Union Commander, Army of Tennessee www.ngeorgia.com. Wayne Bengston, contributing editor. Accessed 1 November 2014.
- NORRIS, George William - Biographical Information. Biographical Dictionary of the United States Congress. Accessed 1 November 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Clyde, Ohio.|