On 20 October, 1973, the coat of arms of the Republic of Mali was made. The motto of the Republic of Mali is "Un Peuple, Un But, Une Foi" (One People, One Goal, One Faith).
The coat of arms of the Republic of Mali is a circle. There is a light blue background:
- in the middle, the Mosque of Djenné, in gold
- above the mosque, a flying vulture, in gold
- below, the rising sun, in gold
- in front of the sun, two bows bent by their arrow, in white
- in the surround, the writings "République du Mali" above and "Un Peuple, Un But, Une Foi" below, in black capital letters.