Codename: Kids Next Door
This article does not have any sources. (December 2022)
|Codename: Kids Next Door|
|Created by||Mr. Warburton|
|Directed by||Tom Warburton|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||6|
|No. of episodes|
(list of episodes)
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Distributor||Warner Bros. Television|
|Original network||Cartoon Network|
|First shown in||July 20, 2001|
|Original release||December 6, 2002 –|
January 21, 2008
Codename: Kids Next Door is an American animated television series created by Tom Warburton (credited as "Mr. Warburton") for Cartoon Network. It is the 13th of the network's Cartoon Cartoons. The series follows the adventures of a group of five 10-year-old children who operate from a high-tech treehouse. They fight against adult and teen villains with advanced 2×4 technology. Their code names are Numbuhs 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. They are Sector V, part of a global organization called the Kids Next Door.
Overview[change | change source]
Synopsis[change | change source]
The show revolves around a group of five 10-year old kids (later retconned to be varying ages), using codenames Numbers 1 through 5, who are the main home operatives of what is known as Sector V, which is part of a worldwide espionage-style organization called the Kids Next Door. Their mission is to fight crimes against kids (such as homework and flossing), many of which are willingly committed by "evil" adults, senior citizens, teenagers, and other children. Numbuh 1 is the bald British boy Nigel Uno, leader of Sector V. Numbuh 2 is the perky and pun-cracking American boy Hoagie Gilligan, Jr.. Numbuh 3 is the cheerful Asian girl Kuki Sanban. Numbuh 4 is the bossy Australian boy Wallabee Beatles. Numbuh 5 is the smart African-American girl Abigail Lincoln.
Characters[change | change source]
- Numbuh 1/Nigel Uno (voiced by Ben Diskin) - the leader and head operative of Sector V.
- Numbuh 2/Hogarth Pennywhistle "Hoagie" Gilligan, Jr. (voiced by Ben Diskin) - the funny engineer of Sector V.
- Numbuh 3/Kuki Sanban (voiced by Lauren Tom) - the cheerful tactician and medic of Sector V.
- Numbuh 4/Wallabee "Wally" Beatles (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker) - the bossy combatant of Sector V.
- Numbuh 5/Abigail "Abby" Lincoln (voiced by Cree Summer) - the intelligent, relaxed second-in-command/spy of Sector V.
KND Organization[change | change source]
- Numbuh 6/Bradley (vocal effects provided by Dee Bradley Baker) - A skunk that became an honorary member of Sector V after Numbuh 2 and Numbuh 3 saved him in the streets. In "Operation: H.O.S.P.I.T.A.L.", Bradley is made into a cyborg to save his life after he gets hit by a car.
- Numbuh 9/Maurice (voiced by Khary Payton) - A former member of Sector V who was reinstated to the Teens Next Door, a special operations group that fake being decommissioned in their 13th birthday so they can learn information from both adults and teenagers.
- Numbuh 13 (voiced by Billy West) - The Klutz of the KND. While he means well, he is ignorant to the fact that he is incredibly clumsy, klutz, and moronic. Like the KND's Toiletnator, every sector dreads having to work with him, even his own! The Sector Leader of N, Numbuh 14/Mary-Lou Sara-Janes Jones (voiced by Lauren Tom), has the literal job of being his damage control, which she resents very much.
- Numbuh 60/Patton Drilovsky (voiced by Matt Levin) - A high-ranking operative of the Kids Next Door Arctic Base.
- Numbuh 65.3/Herbie (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker) - The stuffy and nerd Head Communications Officer of Moonbase. He often hails Sector V for urgent missions. He also has a soft spot for Lizzie Devine.
- Numbuh 83/Sonia (voiced by Janice Kawaye) - The Soda, Snacks, and Treats officer of Sector W, she has a irrational fear of the dark and will go into a blind rage when she is forced towards it.
- Numbuh 84/Lee (voiced by Janice Kawaye) - The tactical Yo-yo Specialist of Sector W.
- Numbuh 86/Fanny Fulbright (voiced by Jennifer Hale) - The Head of Decommissioning and Global Tactical Officer of the KND Organization.
- Numbuh 92 and Numbuh 93 (voiced by Benjamin Diskin and Tara Strong) - Two KND operatives who reside on the Kids Next Door Moonbase. Their roles are effectively replaced with Numbuh 44/Pete and Peter Doblemitz (usually voiced by Lauren Tom), twin operatives who also work as infantry.
- Numbuh 101/Matt (voiced by Ogie Banks) - The Head of the KND Seriously Cool Museum of Artifacts and Stuff. He is a mega fan of Sector V, having made a macaroni statue of Numbuh 5, and even having Numbuh 1's infamous Rainbow Monkey underwear; This can turn them off from him. He is also a huge KND history nut, believing in Sector Z and Numbuh 0 even when others thought that they were just myths.
- Numbuh 362/Rachel McKenzie (voiced by Rachael MacFarlane) - The Supreme Leader of the KND Organization.
- Numbuh 363/Harvey McKenzie (voiced by Jennifer Hale) - The sector leader of Sector W, and the Supreme Leader's younger brother. He is rivals with Sector V in the series finale, who don't like him very much due to his cockiness and dislike of being touched by others. He was decommissioned months later by Numbuh 5 because she got sick of him not wanting to be touched.
- Numbuh 74.239 and Numbuh Infinity (voiced by Dave Wittenberg and Phil LaMarr respectively) - Two KND operatives who both work for the Splinter Cell, a shadowy faction of the Kids Next Door. They have manipulated events to sign Numbuh 1 to the Galactic KND.
Villains[change | change source]
- Father/Benedict Wigglestein (voiced by Maurice LaMarche impersonating Kirk Douglas when wearing the silhouette suit, Jeff Bennett without it) - The arch-nemesis of the KND, the main villain of the series, and the 'adoptive' father of the Delightful Children From Down The Lane. He is also Nigel's paternal uncle and Monty's brother. In "Operation: Z.E.R.O.", the aforementioned family relation is revealed, as well as that Father kidnapped the kids formerly known as Sector Z and permanently brainwashed them to become the Delightful Children.
- The Delightful Children From Down The Lane (voiced by Benjamin Diskin, Dee Bradley Baker, and Cree Summer while delightfulized, and by Tom Kenny, Rachael MacFarlane, Jason Harris, Dee Bradley Baker, and Cree Summer as Sector Z),[a] five 'delightfulized' kids, and Father's children/henchmen. In "Operation: Z.E.R.O.", they are revealed to be the former members of the mission; Bruce (blonde boy with bowl cut), Alessandra (brunette blond-haired girl), David (tall, skinny boy with a comb-over), Lenny (black boy with Football Helmet), and Constance (fat girl with brown hair and pigtails), (clockwise from the front). 'Delightfulization' is shown to be a form brainwashing throughout the series, with Sector Z's brainwashing being boosted by a blown fuse and thus made permanent. As a result, and attempt to reverse it can only be temporary.
- Cree Lincoln (voiced by Cree Summer) - Numbuh 5's older sister, leader of the Teen Ninjas, and an apprentice to Father. She was originally a KND operative Numbuh 11. While a dangerous foe, Cree does care about her sister and wished that Numbuh 5 joined the teens just like her.
- Chad Dickson (voiced by Jason Harris) - Formerly Numbuh 274, Chad was the supreme leader of the Kids Next Door until it was revealed in "Operation: E.N.D." that he had hidden his thirteenth birthday to the KND and arranged Sector V's decommissioning. Due to his treason he allies with the adults and joined the Teen Ninjas. In "Operation: T.R.E.A.T.Y." it is revealed that he was actually a TND operative working for the Splinter Cell.
- Mr. Boss (voiced by Jeff Bennett) - A corporate executive and the de facto second-in-command of the KND's standard rogues gallery. Mr. Boss is often the one who leads the other KND villains in his plots. In his debut episode, some of Sector V's parents work for him in his office building. In "Operation: D.A.D.D.Y.", it is revealed that he is Numbuh 86's father.
- The Toiletnator/Lou Pottingsworth II (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker) - A toilet themed incompetent villain, being considered the lamest villain by the KND and by other villains to the point where Mr. Boss quotes "Aw geez, it's the Toiletnator!" when he shows up. He is shown to have toilet based powers as seen within "Operation: C.A.N.Y.O.N.". In a comic spin-off, it is revealed that he is Numbuh 4's long lost uncle.
- Stickybeard (voiced by Mark Hamill) - The candy-loving pirate captain of the Candy Pirates and a rival of Numbuh 5's due to their mutual obsession with sugar. Despite being sour towards the Kids Next Door, he does show a "sweet tooth" such as saving Sector V from the Great White Asparagus (which he loathes more than kids) and helping Numbuh 5 save Heinrich from cursed licorice pirates.
- Knightbrace/Mr. Jelly (voiced by Tom Kenny) - An oral health-themed villain who performs painful and unnecessary dental and orthodontic procedures on the children he ambushes. In his debut episode, "Operation: T.E.E.T.H.", his true identity is Mr. Jelly, the former owner of a candy shop the KND frequently visit. Mr. Jelly wanted to be a dentist since he was a child, but was expelled from dental school for attempting to put braces on babies. He was forced to work in his family's candy store, but went insane and became Knightbrace due to being angered at candy harming children's teeth. Despite his hatred for sweets, he likes taffy.
- The Common Cold (voiced by Tom Kenny) - A sickness-based villain who uses his own snot to render all KND operatives sick so they'll be weak on stopping other adults plans. At one point, The Common Cold was defeated by Mrs. Gilligan who used chicken soup on him. He has a niece named Anna Worthington.
- Gramma Stuffum (voiced by Grey DeLisle) - An old lady obsessed with force-feeding her disgusting food to children to make them unable to move so that they can't bother adults. As seen in her debut episode, even the Delightful Children from Down the Lane can't handle her food. She's often accompanied by liver and two giggling onions.
- Count Spankulot (voiced by Daran Norris) - A vampire who spanks naughty children. Like the Toiletnator, he wants to join a group but his spank addiction always gets him rejected. In "Operation: L.O.C.K.D.O.W.N.", he can actually turn people into spank-happy vampires just by taking off his gloves, similar to a vampire bite, and can only be cured by spanking him back.
- Mr. John Wink and Mr. Timothy Fibb (voiced by Tom Kenny and Dee Bradley Baker respectively) - A pair of villains who use robotic chairs to fight. For unknown reasons, Mr. Wink sports bison horns and Mr. Fibb sports walrus tusks. In "Operation: C.O.W.G.I.R.L.", both of them used to be members of Cowboys Kids Club, but Timothy and John became villains due to fellow Cowboy Kids Club member, Lasso Lass, going to the prom with Texas Tommy instead of Timothy. They are a parody of Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd and adress each other in the same manner.
- Crazy Old Cat Lady (voiced by Grey DeLisle) - An old woman with cat-like features who lives with thousands of black and white cats.
Other characters[change | change source]
- Mrs. Uno (voiced by Jennifer Hale) - Numbuh 1's mother and Father's sister-in-law. In "Operation: I.N.T.E.R.V.I.E.W.S.", it is revealed that she was originally a KND operative Numbuh 999, and was the first female operative of the Seventh Age.
- Betty Gilligan (voiced by Candi Milo) - Numbuh 2's mother.
- Thomas "Tommy" Gilligan (voiced by Dee Bradley Baker) - Numbuh 2's little brother. In "Operation: G.R.A.D.U.A.T.E.S.", he temporarily becomes a KND operative "Numbuh T" until he resigns himself from the code module, and becomes a vigilante going by the alias of "The Tommy".
- Kani Sanban (voiced by Keone Young) - Numbuh 3's father.
- Genki Sanban (voiced by Lauren Tom) - Numbuh 3's mother.
- Mushi Sanban (voiced by Tara Strong) - Numbuh 3's little sister. In season 4, she later becomes a villain after "murdering" her sister's new Rainbow Monkey out of jealousy, later she kidnaps Count Spankulot as revenge towards Numbuh 2.
- Sydney Beetles (voiced by Jeff Bennett) - Numbuh 4's father.
- Mrs. Beetles (voiced by Jennifer Hale) - Numbuh 4's mother.
- Joey Beetles (vocal effects provided by Dee Bradley Baker) - Numbuh 4's baby brother. He is surprisingly powerful and witty for being only a baby, defeating multiple villains.
Notes[change | change source]
- ↑ In "Operation U.N.D.E.R.C.O.V.E.R.", the one with the football helmet (Lenny) briefly separates from the others and is individually voiced by Dee Bradley Baker.