(Redirected from Compress)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Compression could mean:
- Gas compression, raising the pressure and reducing the volume of gases
- Physical compression, the result of the subjection of a material to compressive stress
- Compression arch suspended-deck bridge, a compression arch rises above the deck
- Compression, the part of a longitudinal wave where particles are the closest together
- Compressibility, a measure of volume change resulting from pressure
- Compression (geology), a system of forces that tend to decrease the volume of or shorten rocks.
- Compression ratio, a number that predicts the performance of any internal-combustion engine
- Data compression, encoding information using fewer bits
- Gain compression in electronic amplifiers, which is a result of device non-linearity
- Audio level compression, usually artificially introduced Gain compression to improve the perceived quality of audio
- Compression (functional analysis), in mathematics
- Compression bandage, designed to reduce the flow of blood
Related pages[change | change source]
- Compressor (a disambiguation page)
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Compression.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.