|Member of the|
U.S. House of Representatives
|Assumed office |
April 12, 2018
|Preceded by||Timothy F. Murphy (18th District)|
Keith Rothfus (17th District)
|Constituency||18th district (2018–2019)|
17th district (2019–present)
Conor James Lamb
June 27, 1984
Washington, D.C., U.S.
Hayley Haldeman (m. 2019)
|Education||University of Pennsylvania (BA, JD)|
Conor James Lamb (born June 27, 1984) is an American politician, attorney and former United States Marine. He is a member of the Democratic Party. He is the United States Representative for Pennsylvania's 18th congressional district upon being elected in March 2018 and took office on April 9, 2018.
Lamb was the Democratic candidate for Congress in Pennsylvania's 18th congressional district for 2018 special election. He ran against Republican Trump-backed State representative Rick Saccone. Lamb won with a narrow lead of 627 votes.
Lamb was a federal prosecutor in the U.S. Attorney's office in Pittsburgh, where he worked to fight the opioid epidemic by leading prosecutions of cases involving opioid-related deaths, violent crimes, and gun trafficking.
References[change | change source]
- "Republican super PACs surge into Pennsylvania special election". The Washington Post. January 4, 2018.
- "So it begins? National groups investing in Pa-18 special election". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. January 5, 2018.
- Nilsen, Ella (March 14, 2018). "It's official: Democrat Conor Lamb wins Pennsylvania special election in major upset". Vox. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- "Pennsylvania race to test Democrats' hopes for anti-Trump wave". Reuters. January 17, 2018.
- "Trump races to head off another special election debacle". Politico. January 11, 2018.
- "Democratic wave: Republicans are bracing for a potentially competitive special election in a usually reliable part of Pennsylvania". Politico. Retrieved January 22, 2018.
- Barrow, Bill (March 14, 2018). "PA race razor close; Dem Lamb claims win, GOP not conceding". Associated Press. Retrieved March 14, 2018.
- Tackett, Michael; Martin, Jonathan (14 March 2018). "Who Is Conor Lamb, Winner in a Special House Race in Pennsylvania?". The New York Times. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "First special election of 2018 is in Trump country — and Democrats are drooling". Salon. December 27, 2017.
- Rep. Conor Lamb announces run for Senate seat in Pennsylvania
Other websites[change | change source]
- Conor Lamb for Congress official campaign site