A conspiracy is a plan among two or more people to do a particular thing. Usually it is a secret plan, and often for an illegal act.
- A cabal is when religious, political, or tribal leaders meet secretly to plan things for their own purposes.
- Conspiracy, in civil law, is an agreement between persons to deceive, mislead, or defraud others of their legal rights, or to gain an unfair advantage.
- Conspiracy, in criminal law, is an agreement between persons to break the law in the future, in some cases having committed an act to further that agreement, typically treated as a felony.
- Conspiracy, in politics, is a plan to overthrow a part or all of a government.
- ↑ Moss, Paul 2016. BBC News Magazine. From Panama to Sparta: a brief history of leaks.