Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: contact.|
Contact could also mean:
General uses[change | change source]
- Contact lens, a corrective, cosmetic, or therapeutic lens
- Contact process, a method for producing sulfuric acid on an industrial scale
- Contact network, a type of social network
- Contact (law), in Family Law, deals with the right of parents or other significant persons to meet with and relate to a child
- Active component of electric switch or electrical connector
- vCard or hCard, in address books, a contact is the name, address, phone number, and other pertinent information
- Contact paper, in photography, used to print negatives without enlargement
- Contact (mathematics), a mathematical concept, the idea of curves (for example) touching
- Optical contacting, a process in which two highly polished surfaces are permanently or temporarily joined without use of any adhesive
- Contact Energy, an energy company in New Zealand
- The initial fighting with an enemy unit, in a military context
- Contact Conference, an annual interdisciplinary scientific conference
- A social contact, a person renowned for performing special and often illegal favors for individuals in return for goods or services.
- First contact between different cultures.
- Radar contact, the display of a single radar return from an object as a result of one radar sweep. (Compare with track).
- CONTACT USA, a Crisis Hotline.
- Amateur radio contact, an exchange of information between two amateur radio operators
- Contact massage, massage that is done by hands or special electronic aids
- In military parlance a contact is a chance encounter with the enemy, typically while undertaking patrolling operations. Especially common in Britain, Australia/New Zealand and probably other Commonwealth forces such as India.
In music[change | change source]
- Contact (musical), a dance musical
Albums[change | change source]
- Contact (Fantastic Plastic Machine album), an album by Fantastic Plastic Machine
- Contact!, an album by Eiffel 65
- Contact (Silver Apples album), an album by Silver Apples
- Contact, an album by The Benjamin Gate
- Contact (Thirteen Senses album), an album by Thirteen Senses.
- Contact (Indo G album), an album by Indo G
- Contact (Minori Chihara album), an album by Minori Chihara.
Songs[change | change source]
- "Contact", a song by Thirteen senses from the above album.
- "Contact", a song from the broadway version of the rock opera, "Rent".
- "Contact", a song by The Police from their 1979 album Reggatta de Blanc
- "Contact (song)", by the French rock band Kyo.
- "Contact" (Phish song), an early Phish song
Other media[change | change source]
- Contact (novel), a science fiction novel by Carl Sagan
- Contact (movie), a movie based on the book
- Contact (video game), a Nintendo DS game
- Contact (Dance), a dance production by Paul Mercurio
- Contact (The Culture), in novels by Iain M. Banks, the Exploration (and sometimes military) corp of the Culture
- Contact (game), a word-guessing game.
- Contact is English for Contacto, a publication of the British Interlingua Society.
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Contact.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.