From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: contact.|
Contact could also mean:
General uses[change | change source]
- Contact lens, a corrective, cosmetic, or therapeutic lens
- Contact process, a method for producing sulfuric acid on an industrial scale
- Contact network, a type of social network
- Contact (law), in Family Law, deals with the right of parents or other significant persons to meet with and relate to a child
- Active component of electric switch or electrical connector
- vCard or hCard, in address books, a contact is the name, address, phone number, and other pertinent information
- Contact paper, in photography, used to print negatives without enlargement
- Contact (mathematics), a mathematical concept, the idea of curves (for example) touching
- Optical contacting, a process in which two highly polished surfaces are permanently or temporarily joined without use of any adhesive
- Contact Energy, an energy company in New Zealand
- The initial fighting with an enemy unit, in a military context
- Contact Conference, an annual interdisciplinary scientific conference
- A social contact, a person renowned for performing special and often illegal favors for individuals in return for goods or services.
- First contact between different cultures.
- Radar contact, the display of a single radar return from an object as a result of one radar sweep. (Compare with track).
- CONTACT USA, a Crisis Hotline.
- Amateur radio contact, an exchange of information between two amateur radio operators
- Contact massage, massage that is done by hands or special electronic aids
- In military parlance a contact is a chance encounter with the enemy, typically while undertaking patrolling operations. Especially common in Britain, Australia/New Zealand and probably other Commonwealth forces such as India.
In music[change | change source]
- Contact (musical), a dance musical
Albums[change | change source]
- Contact (Fantastic Plastic Machine album), an album by Fantastic Plastic Machine
- Contact!, an album by Eiffel 65
- Contact (Silver Apples album), an album by Silver Apples
- Contact, an album by The Benjamin Gate
- Contact (Thirteen Senses album), an album by Thirteen Senses.
- Contact (Indo G album), an album by Indo G
- Contact (Minori Chihara album), an album by Minori Chihara.
Songs[change | change source]
- "Contact", a song by Thirteen senses from the above album.
- "Contact", a song from the broadway version of the rock opera, "Rent".
- "Contact", a song by The Police from their 1979 album Reggatta de Blanc
- "Contact (song)", by the French rock band Kyo.
- "Contact" (Phish song), an early Phish song
Other media[change | change source]
- Contact (novel), a science fiction novel by Carl Sagan
- Contact (movie), a movie based on the book
- Contact (video game), a Nintendo DS game
- Contact (Dance), a dance production by Paul Mercurio
- Contact (The Culture), in novels by Iain M. Banks, the Exploration (and sometimes military) corp of the Culture
- Contact (game), a word-guessing game.
- Contact is English for Contacto, a publication of the British Interlingua Society.
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.