|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: People in conversation|
Conversations are one of the basic types of human communication. They can be about any subject, and do not necessarily have any fixed purpose. They allow people with different views of a topic to learn from each other. A conversation may be contrasted with formal presentations. A talk or speech, for example is an oral presentation by one person directed at a group. It is basically a one-way communication.
Related pages[change | edit source]
Other websites[change | edit source]
- Advice on initiating conversations and links to conversational organizations
- Article on developing basic communication skills
- Conversation Cafè, devoted to creating a "culture of conversation."
- Empathic listening skills
- Lifehack howto on Small Talk
- "The art of conversation", Economist, 19th December 2006