Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: council.|
Council in general means a body that has the right to give advice or to administer.
It could also mean:
- Borough Council, a form of local government in the United Kingdom
- City council, a form of local government
- Community council, the most local official representative bodies in Scotland and Wales
- Council (country subdivision), a local government area in Australia
- County council, a council that governs a county in the British Isles
- Municipal council, a subdivision of France
- Town council, a democratically elected form of government for small municipalities or parishes
- Council (Boy Scouts), a non-profit private corporation within Boy Scouts of America
- Council of the European Union
- United Nations Security Council
In other fields:
- Ecumenical council, a meeting of the bishops of the whole church convened to discuss and settle matters of Church doctrine and practice
- "The Council" (Enterprise episode), a third season episode of Star Trek: Enterprise
- Workers' council, a council composed of working class or proletarian members
- Works council, a "shop-floor" organization representing workers
Related pages[change | change source]
- Privy Council (disambiguation page)
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Council.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.