Nisarga was expected to hit the western coastline of India. On 2 June 2020, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) revisited Nisarga as severe cyclonic storm from cyclonic storm. It had its landfall in the coastal town of Alibag in Maharashtra on 3 June 2020.
References[change | change source]
- Meenakshi Ray (2 June 2020). "Cyclone Nisarga: How was the cyclonic storm set to hit Maharashtra, Gujarat named". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2 June 2020.
- Amit Chaturvedi (2 June 2020). "How dangerous is Cyclone Nisarga? IMD issues red alert, low-lying areas to be evacuated". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 2 June 2020.
- "Cyclone Nisarga is all set to hit the country's western coast". Caringly Yours. 2020-06-02. Archived from the original on 2020-06-03. Retrieved 2020-06-02.
- "Cyclone Nisarga live updates: Cyclone Nisarga live updates: Nisarga cyclone to intensify; Mumbai, Maharashtra, Gujarat on alert". The Times of India. Retrieved 2020-06-02.
- Soutik Biswas (2 June 2020). "Mumbai bracing for the 'first cyclone in years'". BBC News. Retrieved 2 June 2020.