|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: cylinder.|
A cylinder is a three-dimensional geometric shape. Cylinder may also refer to:
Science and technology[change | change source]
- Cylinder (engine), the space in which a piston travels in an engine
- Gas cylinder, a container for storing compressed gas
- Diving cylinder, a type of gas cylinder used in scuba-diving
- Cylinder (firearms), the rotating device that contains the firing chambers of a revolver
- Cylinder lock, the part that is profiled to accept a specific key
- Graduated cylinder, glassware for measurement of liquids in laboratories
- Hydraulic cylinder, using pressurized liquid
- Pneumatic cylinder, using compressed gas
- Cylinder (locomotive), in a steam locomotive
Information storage[change | change source]
- Phonograph cylinder, the dominant medium of audio storage from the 1870s until 1904.
- Cylinder (disk drive), in computer hard drives
- Cylinder seal, an ancient, often clay, cylinder engraved with a 'picture story'
- Cuneiform scripts, on cylinders, e.g. ancient documents of Babylonian kings:
Mathematics[change | change source]
- Cylinder (algebra), the Cartesian product of a set with its superset
Places[change | change source]
- Cylinder, Iowa, a city in the United States
Related pages[change | change source]
- Cylinder set, the natural open set of a product topology
- Cylinder hat, a type of hat popular in 19th and early 20th centuries
- All pages beginning with Cylinder
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.