Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: cylinder.|
A cylinder is a three-dimensional geometric shape. Cylinder may also refer to:
Science and technology[change | change source]
- Cylinder (engine), the space in which a piston travels in an engine
- Gas cylinder, a container for storing compressed gas
- Diving cylinder, a type of gas cylinder used in scuba-diving
- Cylinder (firearms), the rotating device that contains the firing chambers of a revolver
- Cylinder lock, the part that is profiled to accept a specific key
- Graduated cylinder, glassware for measurement of liquids in laboratories
- Hydraulic cylinder, using pressurized liquid
- Pneumatic cylinder, using compressed gas
- Cylinder (locomotive), in a steam locomotive
Information storage[change | change source]
- Phonograph cylinder, the dominant medium of audio storage from the 1870s until 1904.
- Cylinder (disk drive), in computer hard drives
- Cylinder seal, an ancient, often clay, cylinder engraved with a 'picture story'
- Cuneiform scripts, on cylinders, e.g. ancient documents of Babylonian kings:
Mathematics[change | change source]
- Cylinder (algebra), the Cartesian product of a set with its superset
Places[change | change source]
- Cylinder, Iowa, a city in the United States
Related pages[change | change source]
- Cylinder set, the natural open set of a product topology
- Cylinder hat, a type of hat popular in 19th and early 20th centuries
- All pages beginning with Cylinder
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cylinder.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.