D. J. Finney
He was Director of the Agricultural Research Council's Unit of Statistics from 1954 to 1984 and a former President of the Royal Statistical Society and of the Biometric Society. He was known for the development of systematic monitoring of drugs for detection of adverse reactions.
References[change | change source]
- The Royal Society
- The International Who's Who 1996–97, p. 499, at Google Books
- "Honorary Life Member David Finney Turns 100". Archived from the original on 2018-11-17. Retrieved 2018-11-19.
- David Finney celebrates 100th birthday by McDonnell, S. Significance April 2017
- "David Finney 1917-2018". StatsLife. Royal Statistical Society. 15 November 2018. Archived from the original on 17 November 2018. Retrieved 19 November 2018.
- "Remembering David Finney". www.biometricsociety.org. International Biometric Society. Archived from the original on 2018-11-18. Retrieved 2018-11-17.