D. J. Finney
David John Finney CBE FRS FRSE (3 January 1917 – 12 November 2018), was a British statistician and Professor Emeritus of Statistics at the University of Edinburgh. He was born in Latchford, Warrington.
He was Director of the Agricultural Research Council's Unit of Statistics from 1954 to 1984 and a former President of the Royal Statistical Society and of the Biometric Society. He was known for the development of systematic monitoring of drugs for detection of adverse reactions.
References[change | change source]
- The Royal Society
- The International Who's Who 1996–97 at Google Books
- Honorary Life Member David Finney Turns 100
- David Finney celebrates 100th birthday by McDonnell, S. Significance April 2017
- "David Finney 1917-2018". StatsLife. Royal Statistical Society. 15 November 2018.
- "Remembering David Finney". www.biometricsociety.org. International Biometric Society. Retrieved 2018-11-17.