|Alma mater||Stanford University School of Medicine|
Daniel Kraft is an American physician-scientist. Kraft serves as the Chair of Medicine & Neuroscience for Singularity University. Kraft is the founder and chair of Exponential Medicine. Kraft is a Fellow of the inaugural class of the Health Innovators Fellowship and a member of the Aspen Global Leadership Network.
Medical career[change | change source]
Kraft received a degree in Biochemistry from Brown University and his M.D. from the Stanford University School of Medicine. He completed the Harvard combined residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics at the Massachusetts General Hospital and the Boston Children's Hospital, before returning to Stanford for clinical fellowship training in hematology/oncology and bone marrow transplantation and a post-doctoral fellowship with Dr. Irving Weissman, and was subsequently on Stanford faculty on clinical faculty with the UCSF pediatric bone marrow transplantation service at University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). Kraft has peer-reviewed scientific publications which include in Science and Nature.
Aerospace medicine[change | change source]
Kraft graduated from the International Space University, and has published physiological research at NASA-Ames and JSC. He was a finalist for NASA-Astronaut selection. Kraft joined the Air National Guard and served as a flight surgeon in F-15 and F-16 fighter squadrons.
Public speaking[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Daniel Kraft - Speaker at TED". TED (conference). Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "Daniel Kraft, MD". Exponential Medicine | November 2017. Retrieved August 8, 2017.
- "Daniel Kraft, MD – Singularity University, Exponential Medicine". su.org. Retrieved August 8, 2017.
- "Daniel Kraft, MD". Exponential Medicine. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "User Profile – AGLN – Aspen Global Leadership Network". AGLN – Aspen Global Leadership Network. Retrieved August 8, 2017.
- "Programs – Health Innovators Fellowship – AGLN – Aspen Global Leadership Network". AGLN – Aspen Global Leadership Network.
- "Dr. Daniel Kraft MD Pediatric Hematology-Oncology". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "Daniel Kraft, MD, Neuroscience and Medicine Chair, Singularity University | UCSF Innovation, Technology & Alliances". ita.ucsf.edu. Retrieved August 8, 2017.
- "Endochondral ossification is required for haematopoietic stem-cell niche formation". Nature (journal). 22 January 2009. pp. 490–494. doi:10.1038/nature07547. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "Vision Talk: Daniel Kraft – Future Of Health (Visioneering 2015)". XPRIZE. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- Becker, Joachim. "Astronaut Candidates NASA Group 19". www.spacefacts.de. Retrieved August 8, 2017.
- Mulligan, Neale (February 19, 2003). "High-flying fellow divides his time between stem cell research and guard duties as a flight surgeon". Stanford Report. Stanford University. Retrieved August 8, 2017.
- "Daniel Kraft: Medicine's future? There's an app for that". TEDx Talks. April 2011. Retrieved August 8, 2017.