|Birth name||David John Matthews|
|Born||January 9, 1967|
Johannesburg, South Africa
David John Matthews (born January 9, 1967) is a South African-born American singer-songwriter, musician, actor and record label owner. He is best known as the lead vocalist, songwriter and guitarist for the Dave Matthews Band (DMB).
During the period from 2000 to 2010, his band sold more tickets and earned more money than any other act in North America.
Matthews has had multiple acting roles. He has also won two Grammy Awards: one with the Dave Matthews Band in 1997 for Best Rock Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group ("So Much to Say") and one in 2004 for Best Male Rock Vocal Performance ("Gravedigger") from his solo album.
References[change | change source]
- Tavis Smiley on PBS  Archived September 22, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on November 2, 2016. Retrieved 2016-04-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on April 15, 2016. Retrieved 2016-04-13.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Randy Lewis (December 19, 2009). "Dave Matthews Band rocks to the top in concert revenue – Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2012-12-17.
- "imbd.com profile Dave Matthews". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2016-06-27.