David Michael Gauke MP (/ɡɔːk/; born 8 October 1971) is a British Conservative Party politician and solicitor. He is the Secretary of State for Justice and Lord Chancellor since 2018 and Member of Parliament (MP) for South West Hertfordshire since 2005.
He was appointed as Justice Secretary and Lord Chancellor in January 2018 by Prime Minister Theresa May.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Cross, Michael (8 January 2018). "Gauke named as first solicitor lord chancellor". Law Society Gazette. Retrieved 9 January 2018.
- 1971 births
- Living people
- Lord Chancellors
- Members of the Privy Council of the United Kingdom
- UK MPs 2005–2010
- UK MPs 2010–2015
- UK MPs 2015–2017
- UK MPs 2017–2019
- Conservative Party (UK) MPs
- Members of the British House of Commons for English constituencies
- Alumni of the University of Oxford
- People from Ipswich
- Politicians from Sussex