David Greetham (textual scholar)
David Greetham (October 21, 1941 – March 24, 2020) was an English-American literary critic. He was known as the founder of the Society for Textual Scholarship. He was the Society's President from 1999 to 2001. He worked at the Graduate Center at City University New York. Greetham was born in Cheshire, England.
Greetham died on March 24, 2020 from a long-illness at the age of 78.
Works[change | change source]
- The Pleasures of Contamination (2010)
- Theories of the Text (1999)
- Textual Transgressions: Essays Toward the Construction of a Biobibliography (1998)
- The Margins of the Text: Editorial Theory and Literary Criticism (1997)
- Scholarly Editing: A Guide to Research (1995)
- Textual Scholarship: An Introduction (1992)
- TEXT: An Interdisciplinary Annual of Textual Studies (1984)
References[change | change source]
- Greetham, David C. (1999). Theories of the Text. Oxford University Press. ISBN 9780198119937. Retrieved 15 April 2015.
- "The Society for Textual Scholarship". Textual Cultures. 6 (1): 166–169. Spring 2011. doi:10.2979/textcult.6.1.166. JSTOR 10.2979/textcult.6.1.166.
- "The Graduate Center Mourns the Loss of Retired Professor David Greetham". Graduate Center at City University New York. April 8, 2020. Retrieved April 8, 2020.