David Turner Morgenthaler (August 5, 1919 – June 17, 2016) was an American businessman and capitalist. He founded the venture capital firm Morgenthaler Ventures. He was also important in helping change the U.S. capital gains tax rate from 49% to 28% in 1978 and amending ERISA legislation to allow pension funds to invest in venture capital in 1979. He was born in Chester, South Carolina.
Morgenthaler died on June 17, 2016 in Cleveland, Ohio, aged 96.
Other websites[change | change source]
- David Morgenthaler biography
- David Morgenthaler testimony to the Senate Small Business Committee, February 1978.
- David Morgenthaler, March 23, 2006
- Smart Leaders: DAVID MORGENTHALER
- “The Smart VC: He’s seen it all”, “Red Herring”  "The Smart VC: He's seen it all", "Red Herring,"
- National Academies' Board on Science, Technology and Economic Policy