David Ogden Stiers
David Allen Ogden Stiers
October 31, 1942
|Died||March 3, 2018 (aged 75)|
Newport, Oregon, U.S.
|Cause of death||Bladder cancer|
|Occupation||Actor, comedian, conductor, director, musician, singer, voice artist|
David Allen Ogden Stiers (October 31, 1942 – March 3, 2018) was an American actor, comedian, conductor, director, musician, singer and voice artist. He was most famous for his role as Charles Emerson Winchester III in M*A*S*H. He also provided the voices in several Disney animated movies. This included playing Cogsworth in Beauty and the Beast, John Radcliffe in Pocahontas, and Jumba Jookiba in the Lilo & Stitch franchise.
Early life[change | change source]
Stiers was born in Peoria, Illinois on October 31, 1942. He attended Urbana High School at the same time as Roger Ebert. He went to Eugene, Oregon, where he graduated from North Eugene High School and attended the University of Oregon.
Personal life[change | change source]
Death[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Film Reference bio".
- "David Ogden Stiers Unofficial website – David Ogden Stiers Fan Tribute site".
- "Five Questions With David Ogden Stiers". USA Network. Archived from the original on November 3, 2005.
- "'M*A*S*H' Star David Ogden Stiers Reveals He's Gay". ABC News.com. May 6, 2009. Retrieved October 5, 2013.
- Bergan, Ronald (2018-03-11). "David Ogden Stiers obituary". the Guardian. Retrieved 2018-09-27.
- "David Ogden Stairs". Celebrity NetWealth.com. Archived from the original on January 8, 2013. Retrieved October 5, 2013.
- Campuzano, Eder. "David Ogden Stiers, 'M*A*S*H*' star and Newport resident, dies at 75". The Oregonian. Retrieved February 3, 2018.