David Ogden Stiers
||This article needs more sources for reliability. (March 2018)|
|This article or section needs to be made bigger. You can help the Simple English Wikipedia by doing so. Further information might be found on the talk page. (March 2018)|
|David Ogden Stiers|
Stiers in 1977
|Born||David Allen Ogden Stiers
October 31, 1942
Peoria, Illinois, U.S.
|Died||March 3, 2018
Newport, Oregon, U.S.
|Cause of death||Bladder cancer|
|Occupation||Actor, director, singer, musician, conductor, voice artist, comedian|
David Allen Ogden Stiers (October 31, 1942 – March 3, 2018) was an American actor, director, singer, musician, conductor, voice artist, and comedian. He was most famous for his role as Charles Emerson Winchester III in M*A*S*H. He also provided the voices in several Disney animated movies. This included playing Cogsworth in Beauty and the Beast, John Radcliffe in Pocahontas, and Jumba Jookiba in the Lilo & Stitch franchise.
Early life[change | change source]
Stiers was born in Peoria, Illinois on October 31, 1942. He attended Urbana High School at the same time as Roger Ebert. He went to Eugene, Oregon, where he graduated from North Eugene High School and attended the University of Oregon.
Career[change | change source]
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2018)|
Personal life[change | change source]
Death[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Film Reference bio".
- "David Ogden Stiers Unofficial website – David Ogden Stiers Fan Tribute site".
- "Five Questions With David Ogden Stiers". USA Network. Archived from the original on November 3, 2005.
- "'M*A*S*H' Star David Ogden Stiers Reveals He's Gay". ABC News.com. May 6, 2009. Retrieved October 5, 2013.
- "David Ogden Stairs". Celebrity NetWealth.com. Archived from the original on January 8, 2013. Retrieved October 5, 2013.
- Campuzano, Eder. "David Ogden Stiers, 'M*A*S*H*' star and Newport resident, dies at 75". The Oregonian. Retrieved February 3, 2018.