Usher in May 2012
|Born||April 24, 1966
|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Genres||Rock, pop rock|
|Labels||MapleMusic Recordings, Capitol|
Usher was born in Oxford, England. He lived in many different places such as Malaysia, New York City, California and Thailand before his family decided to finally settle in Kingston, Ontario. Usher attended high school at Kingston Collegiate and Vocational Institute and he attended Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, British Columbia. He majored in political science. While attending Simon Fraser, Usher formed Moist with guitarist Mark Makowy and keyboardist Kevin Young.
Usher is also a humanist, and he has been involved in causes like War Child Canada, White Ribbon Campaign and Amnesty International. He was featured in the 2001 MuchMusic special Musicians in the WarZone, a humanitarian documentary which was produced by War Child Canada and was directed by filmmaker Liz Marshall.
Discography[change | change source]
Studio albums[change | change source]
- Little Songs (1998)
- Morning Orbit (2001)
- Hallucinations (2003)
- If God Had Curves (2005)
- Strange Birds (2007)
- Wake Up and Say Goodbye (2008)
- The Mile End Sessions (2010)
- Songs from the Last Day on Earth (2012)
References[change | change source]
- "David Usher - Biography". AllMusic. http://www.allmusic.com/artist/david-usher-mn0000226282/biography. Retrieved 2015-3-4.
- "Musicians in the Warzone". LizMars Productions Inc.. http://lizmars.com/film/musicians-in-the-warzone/. Retrieved 2015-3-4.