Days of Our Lives
|Days of our lives|
|Starring||List of Cast Members|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||47|
|No. of episodes||11,810 (as of March 30, 2012)|
Lisa de Cazotte
|Running time||30 minutes (1965-1975)|
Corday Productions, Inc.|
Universal Television (1965-1998; 2002-2004; 2011-present)
Studios USA (1998-2002)
NBC Universal Television (2004-2011)
In Association With Sony Pictures Television (2002-present)|
Columbia TriStar Television (2001-2002)
Columbia Pictures Television (1974-2001)
Screen Gems (1965 until name change in 1974)
480i (SDTV) (1965-2010)|
1080i (HDTV) (2010-present)
|Original release||November 8, 1965– present|
Days of Our Lives is a popular American television show on the NBC television network. It is one hour long and is broadcast during the day. Betty and Ted Corday made the show in 1965. Two companies, Corday Productions and Sony Pictures Television make Days of Our Lives. In November 2005, the show celebrated 40 years on TV. It is currently in its 47th season with 11,855 episodes (as of June 1, 2012). They began filming the show in HD in 2010.
Days of Our Lives takes place in the city of Salem. The main families on the show are the Bradys, the DiMeras and the Hortons. Many good and bad things happened to the Brady family and the Horton family. One character named "Stefano DiMera" does some of the bad things that happen to characters on this show. Stefano is still on the show.
Characters[change | change source]
- Stefano DiMera is the head of the family. He is the villain in Salem and has done many bad deeds to the Brady family, mainly Marlena.
- Maggie Simmons Horton has been played by actress Suzanne Rogers since August 20, 1973. Maggie was created by scriptwriter William J. Bell, and executive producer Betty Corday.
- Sami Brady, daughter of Roman and Marlena Brady. She has a twin brother Eric, and her half sister is Carrie.
Couples[change | change source]
Here is a list of some of the main couples on the show:
- John and Marlena Black
- Bo and Hope Brady
- Abe and Lexie Carver
- Stefano and Kate DiMera (recently split up)
- Jack and Jennifer Devereux
- Austin and Carrie Reed (Austin is Kate's son, Carrie is Roman's daughter)
- EJ DiMera and Nicole Walker (recently split up)
References[change | change source]
- Soap Opera Digest, Suzanne Rogers: Sometimes Nice Girls Finish First, by Barbara DeNalte (1984)