|Cause of death||Wingsuit flying accident|
|Known for||Rock climbing, alpinism, BASE jumping, highlining|
|Height||1.956m (6 ft 5 in)|
Steph Davis (m. 2002–2010)(divorced)
Dean S. Potter (April 14, 1972 – May 16, 2015) was an American free climber, alpinist, BASE jumper, BASEliner, and highliner. He was known for hard first ascents, free solo ascents, speed ascents, and enchainments in Yosemite National Park and Patagonia.
Death[change | change source]
On May 16, 2015, Potter and Graham Hunt were killed while attempting a wingsuit flight from Taft Point above Yosemite Valley. While attempting to maneuver through the cliffs, each in turn collided with the rocks. Their bodies were discovered by a helicopter searching for the two men. Neither had deployed their parachute.
References[change | change source]
- "Dean Potter, Graham Hunt Killed in BASE Jump". Climbing.com. 17 May 2015. Retrieved 2 October 2015.
- Real Water Productions: Moonwalk — Dean Potter, Cathedral Peak, Yosemite National Park, California, 12 July 2012 Vimeo. Retrieved 4 January 2014
- Branch, John (17 May 2015). "Dean Potter, Extreme Climber, Dies in BASE-Jumping Accident at Yosemite". The New York Times. Retrieved 18 May 2015.
- Schaffer, Grayson. "Dean Potter Killed in BASE Jumping Accident". Outside Magazine. Retrieved May 17, 2015.
- "Pioneering Climber Dean Potter Killed in BASE Jumping Accident".