|U.S. Ambassador to South Africa|
|Preceded by||James A. Joseph|
|Succeeded by||Cameron Hume|
|Born||November 12, 1938|
Arkansas City, Kansas, U.S.
Gayle Carolyn Jones (m. 1960)
|Children||Phill Lewis, among others|
|Alma mater||University of Kansas|
Delano Eugene Lewis (born November 12, 1938) is an American attorney, businessman, and diplomat. He was the United States Ambassador to South Africa from 1999 to 2001 during the Bill Clinton presidency. He had roles at the Peace Corps and National Public Radio. He is the father of actor Phill Lewis.
Life[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Who's Who in America – 2007 (61 ed.). 2006.
- "Delano E. Lewis Papers, 1960–1997". University of Kansas. Retrieved May 20, 2009.
- Peabody, Alvin (May 14, 1997). "Delano E. Lewis: Seeking to Transform National Public Radio". The Washington Informer. 33 (32). p. 1.
- "2005 Alumni Honor Roll". Archived from the original on June 13, 2011. Retrieved May 20, 2009.
- Trescott, Jacqueline (January 6, 1988). "Delano Lewis, The Insider's Outsider – The C&P Vice President, Heading Up the Board of Trade & Playing Down Mayoral Talk". The Washington Post. p. C1.