Dennis Hof (born October 14, 1946 – October 16, 2018) was an American brothel owner, entrepreneur, restaurateur and star of the HBO series Cathouse. He was best known as the owner of seven legal brothels in Nevada known as Moonlite BunnyRanch.
Hof's autobiography, The Art Of The Pimp, was a best-seller, and he lectured at Oxford University in England, Trinity College Dublin and the Sorbonne in France. He was in a domestic partnership with Heidi Fleiss.
Hof endorsed Ron Paul in the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections and Donald Trump in 2016. He joined the Libertarian Party in 2015. In 2016 and 2018, he ran for the Nevada state legislator, but lost in the Republican primary.
References[change | change source]
- "NRS: CHAPTER 244 - COUNTIES: GOVERNMENT". state.nv.us. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- "Ron Paul endorsed by Nevada brothel owner". msnbc.com. 2007-11-26. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- "The Moonlite BunnyRanch Endorses Ron Paul For President". The Huffington Post. 2012-01-03. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- Richard Hunter (7 December 2016). "Hof Bolts Libertarians, Joins Trump's Republicans". Press Release. Retrieved 10 April 2017.
- BEN BOTKIN LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL. "Nevada brothel owner says he might run for U.S. Senate". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved 14 October 2015.
- "Nevada pimp wins GOP primary, rejoices with Hollywood madam". www.yahoo.com.
- "Former prostitutes allege unwelcome sexual contact from brothel owner Dennis Hof". The Nevada Independent. Retrieved 27 June 2018.
- Duggan, Brian; Damon, Anjeanette; Spillman, Benjamin; DeHaven, James (16 October 2018). "Dennis Hof, Nevada's bombastic legal pimp and Assembly candidate, has died". Reno Gazette Journal. Retrieved 16 October 2018.
- Fortin, Jacey (2018-10-16). "Dennis Hof, the Pimp Who Won a Nevada State Primary, Dies at 72". The New York Times. Retrieved 2018-10-20.