|Directed by||Kenny Ortega|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||108 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Disney Channel Original Productions|
|Original network||Disney Channel|
|Original release||August 2, 2019|
|Preceded by||Descendants 2|
Descendants 3 is an American musical fantasy television movie. It is the third installment in the Descendants series, following Descendants and Descendants 2. It is written by Sara Parriott and Josann McGibbon, and is directed by Kenny Ortega. The movie premiered on Disney Channel on August 2, 2019.
Cast[change | change source]
- Dove Cameron as Mal, daughter of Maleficent, and later revealed also to be the daughter of Hades
- Cameron Boyce as Carlos, son of Cruella de Vil
- Sofia Carson as Evie, daughter of The Evil Queen
- Booboo Stewart as Jay, son of Jafar
- Mitchell Hope as Ben, son of Belle and Beast
- Sarah Jeffery as Princess Audrey, daughter of Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip
- Brenna D'Amico as Jane, daughter of the Fairy Godmother
- Melanie Paxson as the Fairy Godmother, the headmistress of Auradon Prep and Jane's mother
- Thomas Doherty as Harry Hook, son of Captain Hook and ally of Uma
- Dylan Playfair as Gil, son of Gaston and ally of Uma
- Zachary Gibson as Doug, son of Dopey the Dwarf
- Jedidiah Goodacre as Chad Charming, son of Cinderella and Prince Charming
- Anna Cathcart as Dizzy Tremaine, daughter of Drizella Tremaine and granddaughter of Lady Tremaine
- Jadah Marie as Celia, the daughter of Dr. Facilier
- Dan Payne as King Beast, Queen Belle's husband and Ben's father
- Keegan Connor Tracy as Queen Belle, Beast's wife and Ben's mother
- Bobby Moynihan as the Voice of Dude, Carlos' dog who gained the power of speech in Descendants 2
- Cheyenne Jackson as Hades, ruler of the underworld and later revealed to be Mal's father
- China Anne McClain as Uma, daughter of Ursula
Also, Judith Maxie reprises her role as Queen Leah, Princess Audrey's grandmother, from the first Descendants movie. Christian Convery and Luke Roessler play Squeaky and Squirmy, the twin sons of Mr. Smee. Also appearing are Jamal Sims as Celia's father Dr. Facilier, Linda Ko as Dizzy's grandmother Lady Tremaine, and Faustino Di Bauda as Squeaky's and Squirmy's father Mr. Smee.
References[change | change source]
- Scott Mendelson. "Review: 'Descendants 3' Is Both A Satisfying Finale And The End Of An Era". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-08-05.
- "First trailer for 'Descendants 3' has pirates, dragons, and really great hair". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2019-08-05.
- Ariana Brockington (February 16, 2018). "Disney Announces 'Descendants 3' for 2019". Variety. Retrieved 2018-02-17.
- Denise Petski (April 20, 2018). "'Descendants 3': Sarah Jeffery, Thomas Doherty & Dylan Playfair To Reprise Roles In Threequel". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2018-05-05.
- Zach Johnson (April 24, 2018). "Dove Cameron and Sofia Carson Share Descendants 3 Rehearsal Photos". E! News. Retrieved 2018-05-05.
- Erik Pedersen (May 21, 2018). "'Descendants 3': Disney Channel Pic Adds Cheyenne Jackson As Hades From 'Hercules'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 2018-05-28.
- Maureen Lee Lenker (May 4, 2018). "Descendants 3 casts The Princess and the Frog's Dr. Facilier and his daughter". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2018-05-05.
- Ariana Brockington (May 4, 2018). "TV News Roundup: 'Descendants 3' Adds Two More to Cast". Variety. Retrieved 2018-05-05.
- Kirsten Chuba (May 21, 2018). "TV News Roundup: 'Descendants 3' Casts Cheyenne Jackson as Hades". Variety. Retrieved 2018-05-28.
- @descendants (May 21, 2018). "Casting is complete! Are you ready for #Descendants3? #D3Deets" (Tweet). Retrieved May 28, 2018 – via Twitter.