Destiny (video game)
Destiny is a first-person shooter video game. It uses an open world setting. It is developed by Bungie and published by Activision as part of a ten-year publishing deal. The game was released on the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One video game consoles on September 9, 2014. Bungie demonstrated live gameplay footage of Destiny at Sony's E3 conference in 2013.
The player plays a guardian. The traveller is dying and it is the guardian's job to save it by defeating its one enemy, the darkness. The guardian goes to Earth, Moon, Mars and Venus. The character completes quests for the vanguard committee to save the traveller. The darkness is made up of 4 enemies: The Hive, Cabal, Vex and The Fallen.
References[change | change source]
- McCaffery, Ryan (17 February 2013). "Bungie's Destiny: A Land of Hope and Dreams". IGN. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Terdiman, Daniel (April 29, 2010). "Activision scores big win with Bungie deal". CNET. CBS Interactive. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Phillips, Tom (21 February 2013). "Bungie shooter Destiny to get exclusive content on PlayStation". Eurogamer.net. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Dague, David. "Destiny Announced for Xbox One". Bungie.net. Bungie Inc. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- Long, Neil (June 11, 2013). "E3 2013: Bungie debuts Destiny gameplay, confirms 2014 release". Edge. Future plc. Retrieved January 27, 2014.