(Redirected from Divide)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: division.|
The English used in this article or section may not be easy for everybody to understand. (November 2011)
Division could mean:
- Division (mathematics), a binary operation that serves as the inverse of multiplication
- Division (electronics), digital implementation of mathematical division
- Division (vote), a manner by which the votes of legislators are recorded
- Division (horticulture), a method of vegetative plant propagation, or the plants created by using this method
- Division (music) a specific type of ornamentation, most common in 17th century English music
- Cell division, the process in which biological cells multiply
- Continental divide, the geographical term for separation between watersheds
- North-South divide, the geopolitical term for the division between rich nations and poor nations
- Division (organisation), a subsidiary of a larger organisation
- Division (sport), a group of teams in sport
- Division (botany), a classification of plants (the botanical counterpart to zoology's phylum)
- Administrative division, part of a country
- A county constituency or Parliamentary seat in the UK Parliament
- A subpart of a hundred (division), former administrative unit in England and Wales
- Census division
- A grouping of pipe ranks in a pipe organ, often with its own case, windchest, and keyboard
- Divisions, a type of variation form used in the baroque.
- Division viol, an English Renaissance instrument
| This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.