(Redirected from Divide)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Simple English Wiktionary has a definition for: division.|
The English used in this article may not be easy for everybody to understand. (November 2011)
Division could mean:
- Division (mathematics), a binary operation that serves as the inverse of multiplication
- Division (electronics), digital implementation of mathematical division
- Division (vote), a manner by which the votes of legislators are recorded
- Division (horticulture), a method of vegetative plant propagation, or the plants created by using this method
- Division (music) a specific type of ornamentation, most common in 17th century English music
- Cell division, the process in which biological cells multiply
- Continental divide, the geographical term for separation between watersheds
- North-South divide, the geopolitical term for the division between rich nations and poor nations
- Division (organisation), a subsidiary of a larger organisation
- Division (sport), a group of teams in sport
- Division (botany), a classification of plants (the botanical counterpart to zoology's phylum)
- Administrative division, part of a country
- A county constituency or Parliamentary seat in the UK Parliament
- A subpart of a hundred (division), former administrative unit in England and Wales
- Census division
- A grouping of pipe ranks in a pipe organ, often with its own case, windchest, and keyboard
- Divisions, a type of variation form used in the baroque.
- Division viol, an English Renaissance instrument
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Division.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.