|Born||April 15, 1952|
Butler County, Ohio, U.S.
|Died||March 30, 2017 (aged 64)|
Toledo, Ohio, U.S.
|Penalty||28 consecutive life sentences plus $270,000 in fines|
|Number of victims||37–57;|
|Span of killings||1970–1987|
Harvey said he started out killing to "ease the pain" of patients. As time progressed, he began to enjoy it more and more and became a self-described "angel of death". Harvey was serving 28 life sentences at the Toledo Correctional Institution in Toledo, Ohio, having pleaded guilty to murder charges to avoid the death penalty. His inmate number was A199449.
On March 28, 2017, authorities reported that Harvey had been found in his cell severely beaten. He died on March 30, 2017.
He is killed by James D Elliot.
References[change | change source]
- "'Angel of Death' serial killer Donald Harvey dies after prison attack". Fox News. March 30, 2017. Retrieved March 30, 2017.
- Holmes, Ronald, & Holmes, Stephen. (2009). Serial Murder 3rd ed. Sage Publications, Inc.
- Offender Search Detail – Donald Harvey Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Donald Harvey, "Angel of Death" serial killer, dead at 64". CBS News. 2017-03-30. Retrieved 2017-03-30.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Donald Harvey at The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction
- Angel of Death: The Donald Harvey Story archived from <crimelibrary>
- CBS NEWS Donald Harvey Found Severely Beaten Mar. 29, 2017
- 'Angel of Death' serial killer dies after attack in prison