Donald Malarkey in 2008
July 31, 1921|
|Died||September 30, 2017
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1942-1945|
|Unit|| Easy Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment,
101st Airborne Division
|Awards|| Bronze Star 1 OLC
Presidential Unit Citation 1 OLC
American Defense Service Medal
Good Conduct Medal
European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal
World War II Victory Medal
Army of Occupation Medal
American Campaign Medal
Croix de guerre
Légion d’Honneur with Chevalier Status
French Liberation Medal
Combat Infantryman Badge
|Relations||-Irene Moor (wife)
Donald G. Malarkey (July 31, 1921 – September 30, 2017) was a former non-commissioned officer during World War II. Malarkey was portrayed in the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers by Scott Grimes.
References[change | change source]
- DeAngelis, Frank. "Malarkey's shadowbox". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- Malarkey, p. 12.
- Malarkey, Donald G., with Bob Welch (2008). Easy Company Soldier: The Legendary Battles of a Sergeant from World War II's "Band of Brothers". St. Martin's Press. ISBN 978-0-312-37849-3.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Photos of Don Malarkey & the Band of Brothers during their visit to the 1st Armored Division in Germany
- Photos of Don Malarkey during his 2009 visit with Prince Charles
- Interview from Men of Easy Company