Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Born||July 31, 1921|
|Died||September 30, 2017 (aged 96)|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1942-1945|
|Unit|| Easy Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment,|
101st Airborne Division
|Battles/wars||World War II|
|Awards|| Bronze Star 1 OLC |
Presidential Unit Citation 1 OLC
American Defense Service Medal
Good Conduct Medal
European-African-Middle Eastern Campaign Medal
World War II Victory Medal
Army of Occupation Medal
American Campaign Medal
Croix de guerre
Légion d’Honneur with Chevalier Status
French Liberation Medal
Combat Infantryman Badge
|Relations||-Irene Moor (wife)|
Donald G. Malarkey (July 31, 1921 – September 30, 2017) was a former non-commissioned officer during World War II. Malarkey was portrayed in the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers by Scott Grimes.
References[change | change source]
- DeAngelis, Frank. "Malarkey's shadowbox". Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- "Donald Malarkey, WWII paratrooper portrayed in HBO's 'Band of Brothers,' dead at 96". Associated Press. 1 October 2017.
- Malarkey, p. 12.
- Malarkey, Donald G., with Bob Welch (2008). Easy Company Soldier: The Legendary Battles of a Sergeant from World War II's "Band of Brothers". St. Martin's Press. ISBN 978-0-312-37849-3.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
Other websites[change | change source]
- Photos of Don Malarkey & the Band of Brothers during their visit to the 1st Armored Division in Germany Archived 2013-10-22 at the Wayback Machine
- Photos of Don Malarkey during his 2009 visit with Prince Charles Archived 2013-07-27 at the Wayback Machine
- Interview from Men of Easy Company Archived 2009-03-27 at the Wayback Machine