||This article does not have any sources. (February 2016)|
Dragon Ball (ドラゴンボール, Doragon Bōru) is a Japanese manga and anime by Akira Toriyama. The main character is a Saiyan boy named Goku. Goku is in search of the mysterious Dragon Balls. When seven Dragon Balls are gathered, one wish will be granted by Shenron the Dragon. Goku is accompanied by Bulma and trained by Master Roshi. The Dragon Ball series is separated into several other media adaptations, including several sequels. Spinoffs include a trading card game, several movies, and multiple video games, making the Dragon Ball franchise well known world wide.
Saiyans[change | change source]
Saiyans are a race of aliens. They have great powers and technology. Most Saiyans travel from planet to planet destroying the people who live there so that they can sell the planet. Most Saiyans can be easily noticed by their tail but some have lost their tails. Saiyans without tails include Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan, Trunks, and Goten. The Saiyans lived on planet Vegeta which was later destroyed by Frieza.
Super Saiyans[change | change source]
A Super Saiyan is a transformation a Saiyan can go through. Only a few Saiyans have the potential to become Super Saiyans.When a few strong saiyans get very angry,they can get a "Super Saiyan" The legend goes, once every 1,000 years a Super Saiyan emerges.
Only a few Saiyan characters have been able to become Super Saiyans:
Super Saiyan God Goku
Super Saiyan God Vegeta
- Son Goku
- Son Gohan
- Son Goten
- Son Goku Jr.
- Vegeta Jr.
Cell is not able to go Super Saiyan, even with the cells from Goku and Vegeta.
It is not known if females can become Super Saiyans.
Dragon Ball Z[change | change source]
Dragon Ball Z is a sequel based on the last 26 volumes of the Dragon Ball manga. It basically begins where Dragon Ball left off.
Characters[change | change source]
Main characters[change | change source]
- Goku (孫 悟空|, Son Goku, Kakarot): Goku is the main hero. He is a Saiyan with large, black, pointy hair. He and Vegeta are the only Saiyans to have reached the level of Super Saiyan 4. His deadly attack is Kamehameha. His wife's name is Chi-Chi, and his two sons are Gohan and Goten.
- Gohan: He is the oldest son of Goku and Chi-Chi. Father of Pan.
- Goten: The youngest son of Goku and Chi-Chi. Goten plays a very important role, and is the youngest Super Saiyan in history.
- Trunks: He is the son of Vegeta and Bulma. Both his future, and present day characters play key roles.
- Krillin (called "Kuririn" in the Japanese version): Eventually marries Android 18 and has a daughter. He is skinhead. He is most strong in the earth.
- Vegeta: Vegeta is the rival of Goku. He also became a Super Saiyan.
- Piccolo: King Piccolo's last son; he is also one of Gohan's favorite teachers; Piccolo used to be evil. His deadly attack is Makannkousappou.His body is green.He can reproduct his body if his head is not damaged.
Recurring characters[change | change source]
- Chi-Chi (チチ): Chi-Chi is the wife of Goku, and mother of Gohan and Goten.
- Bra (also known as "Bra" or "Bulla"): She is the daughter of Vegeta and Bulma.
- Bulma: She is the wife of Vegeta and the mother of Trunks and Bura.
- Videl: She is Gohan's girlfriend and became Pan's mother.
- Uub: Uub is the reincarnation of Kid Buu.
- Tao Paipai
- Mr. Popo
- Master Roshi
- Pan: Daughter of Gohan and Videl
- Marron: Daughter of Krillin and Android 18 (Named after Krillin's first love interest)
- Androids (mainly 17, 18 and 16)
- Kami: The guardian of Earth before Dende
- Vegeta: When he used to be evil and captain
- Raditz: Goku's Saiyan brother. Killed by Piccolo in the first season of Dragon Ball Z.
Frieza's forces[change | change source]
Frieza is the first major villain in Dragon Ball Z. He is often seen with a group of other fighters who help him.
Androids[change | change source]
Androids are a group of human-machine hybrids created by Dr. Gero, appearing in the Cell saga. A few are:
- Android 5 (Dragon Ball only)
- Android 16
- Android 17
- Android 18
- Android 19
- Android 20 (Dr. Gero)
- Cell (Android 21)