Drake performing at the Polson Pier in Toronto, 2011.
|Born||Aubrey Drake Graham
October 24, 1986
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Net worth||US$100 million|
|Years active||1994–present (acting)
Aubrey Drake Graham (born October 24, 1986) is a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, and actor who has sold over five million album copies. He was born in Toronto, Ontario. He was the character Jimmy Brooks for eight seasons on the television show Degrassi: The Next Generation.
Drake has worked with a lot of other musicians. Drake collaborated with Rihanna on the number-one singles "What's My Name?" (2010) and "Work" (2016). He also rapped on "Moment 4 Life" (2011) by Nicki Minaj. "Moment 4 Life" was nominated for a 2012 Grammy Award in the category Best Rap Performance. His third album Take Care won the award for Best Rap Album at the 2013 Grammy Awards.
In 2016, he released Views, an album that was an iTunes exclusive at first. His single "One Dance" became his first number-one single on the US Billboard Hot 100 as a main artist. Throughout 2016, he dated singer-actress Jennifer Lopez on-and-off.
On March 18, 2017, Drake released More Life, which he referred to as a "playlist" instead of an album. The singles "Fake Love" and "Passionfruit" reached the top ten in countries worldwide.
Drake earned his fourth number-one song on the US Billboard Hot 100 when "God's Plan", from the EP Scary Hours, entered at the top.
- "Drake's Net Worth: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know". Danilo Castro. heavy. March 4, 2017. Retrieved September 2, 2017.
- "Drake". Biography.com. A+E Television Networks, LLC. 7 January 2013.
- "Grammys 2012: Rap and hip-hop nominees/winners". CBC Music. Retrieved 2015-10-21.
- "Grammys 2013: Drake's 'Take Care' wins in rap album category". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2015-10-21.
- "From rapper to Raptor, Drake takes on new role". NBA. Retrieved 2015-10-21.