Aubrey Drake Graham
October 24, 1986
|Net worth||US$150 million (2019) (estimate)|
|Relatives||Larry Graham (uncle)|
Teenie Hodges (uncle)
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Aubrey Drake Graham (born October 24, 1986) is a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, producer, actor, and entrepreneur who has sold over five million album copies. He was born in Toronto, Ontario. He was the character Jimmy Brooks for eight seasons on the television show Degrassi: The Next Generation.
Drake has worked with a lot of other musicians. Drake collaborated with Rihanna on the number-one singles "What's My Name?" (2010) and "Work" (2016). He also rapped on "Moment 4 Life" (2011) by Nicki Minaj. "Moment 4 Life" was nominated for a 2012 Grammy Award in the category Best Rap Performance. His third album Take Care won the award for Best Rap Album at the 2013 Grammy Awards.
Drake's single, "God's Plan", from the EP Scary Hours, entered at the top of the US Billboard Hot 100. After 11 weeks at number one, the single "Nice for What" also entered at number one, making Drake the first artist to have a number-one entry replace another number-one entry at the top of the chart. "Nice for What" became Drake's fifth American chart-topper. Drake released the single "I'm Upset" in May 2018 and announced he would release his next album, Scorpion, in June. Despite rumors, particularly a beef with rapper Pusha T, Drake revealed in the album that he has a child, a son named Adonis, with French artist Sophie Brussaux.
On April 2, 2020, Drake released the single "Toosie Slide", based on the dance of the same name that had been posted to social media app TikTok. It became his third number-one entrance on the Billboard Hot 100, tying him with Mariah Carey as having the most songs enter at the top. It became his seventh US number-one single overall.
Discography[change | change source]
Studio albums[change | change source]
Extended plays[change | change source]
Mixtapes[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "The Drake Look Book". GQ. Retrieved August 28, 2019.
- "11 Times Drake Channeled His 'Champagne Papi' Alter-Ego: From 'The Motto' to 'Mia'". Billboard.
- "Drake on His Mother's Influence, Kanye West & Andre 3000, and Obama Being a Fan?". November 16, 2011. Retrieved October 25, 2018.
I was like, 'Well I’m a dual citizen!'
- Tanabe, Karin (November 16, 2011). "Drake hopes to meet Obama". Politico.
- "Drake's Net Worth: $150 Million in 2019". Forbes. Retrieved July 8, 2019.
- "Drake's progress: the making of a modern superstar". The Guardian. April 6, 2018.
- Spanos, Brittany (March 20, 2017). "Drake's 'More Life' Playlist Is Redefining Borders of Blackness in Pop". Rolling Stone. Retrieved October 25, 2018.
- "Drake's 2018 Has Been Huge. But Is He the Biggest Rapper Ever?". Billboard. Retrieved October 25, 2018.
- "8 UK drill artists pushing the sound forward". Red Bull.
- "Drake's 'War' Is Being Compared To Skepta And British Drill Fans Aren't Having It". December 24, 2019.
- Saponara, Michael (June 18, 2019). "Drake's 'Best in the World Pack' Serves as First Release Without Young Money or Cash Money Records". Billboard. Retrieved June 19, 2019.
- Kellman, Andy. "Drake – Music Biography, Credits and Discography". AllMusic.
- Caramanca, Jon (November 16, 2011). "Drake Pushes Rap Toward the Gothic". The New York Times. Retrieved February 1, 2012.
- "Grammys 2012: Rap and hip-hop nominees/winners". CBC Music. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- "Grammys 2013: Drake's 'Take Care' wins in rap album category". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- "From rapper to Raptor, Drake takes on new role". NBA. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- "Drake Releases New Single 'I'm Upset'". Billboard. Retrieved May 28, 2018.
- "Who Is Sophie Brussaux? What to Know About the Mother of Drake's Son Adonis". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved July 1, 2018.
- Holmes, Charles; Holmes, Charles (April 3, 2020). "Before Drake Released 'Toosie Slide,' He Turned to a Few Dancers for Help". Rolling Stone. Retrieved May 4, 2020.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Drake.|