|Founder(s)||Luis von Ahn, Severin Hacker|
|CEO||Luis von Ahn|
|Industry||Online education, Professional certification, Translation, Crowdsourcing|
|Services||Language courses, Duolingo Test Center, Duolingo for Schools|
|Slogan(s)||Free language education for the world|
|Alexa rank||869 (January 2017[update])|
Duolingo is a free language-learning program. Its website and mobile apps are available to anyone with an internet connection plus a computer, tablet or smartphone. Duolingo can be used on iOS, Android, Windows 8 and 10 operating systems. Duolingo allows people to learn over 106 different language courses in 40 languages. There are over 500 million people learning a language on Duolingo.
History[change | change source]
The project was started by Professor Luis von Ahn and graduate student Severin Hacker. The main development language used was Python.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Duolingo". Ranking. Alexa Internet. Archived from the original on 9 January 2019. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- ↑ Jill Duffy (6 August 2015). "Duolingo". PC Magazine. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- ↑ Shane Hickey (8 March 2015). "Learning the Duolingo – how one app speaks volumes for language learning". The Guardian. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- ↑ "100M users strong, Duolingo raises $45M led by Google at a $470M valuation to grow language-learning platform". Venture beat. Retrieved 2015-06-21.
- ↑ "Duolingo – Learn Languages for Free". Windows phone. Microsoft. Retrieved 2014-11-21.