Easier with Practice
The movie was nominated for two Independent Spirit Awards, Best First Feature and Someone to Watch Awards.
Plot[change | change source]
Davy Mitchell is a writer who is on tour to promote his unpublished short stories. He gets a random telephone call from a woman named Nicole. The stranger seduces him into an intense session of phone sex. That sparks an erotic and intimate relationship between them. The relationship is based entirely around the phone calls. Davy wants to make it work. He becomes frustrated when Nicole doesn't give out her phone number. He is fed up with her games. He wants to meet her in person.
Cast[change | change source]
- Brian Geraghty as Davy Mitchell
- Kel O'Neill as Sean Mitchell
- Marguerite Moreau as Samantha
- Jeanette Brox as Sarah
- Jenna Gavigan as Josie
- Katie Aselton as Nicole
Development[change | change source]
Easier with Practice is an independent movie. It was distributed in the United States by Breaking Glass Pictures. In Canada, it was distributed by Mongrel Media. The movie was rated NC-17 by the Motion Picture Association of America. However, the rating was surrendered. The movie was released without an MPAA rating.
Reception[change | change source]
Easier with Practice was first shown at the CineVegas Film Festival. It won the 2009 Grand Jury Prize. It got Best New International Feature at the Edinburgh International Film Festival.
Awards[change | change source]
- 2010 Nominated - Independent Spirit Award - Best First Feature
- 2010 Winner - Someone to Watch Award - Kyle Patrick Alvarez
- 2010 Winner - Turkish Film Critic's Prize -!f Film Festival - Kyle Patrick Alvarez
- 2009 Winner - Grand Jury Award - CineVegas International Film Festival
- 2009 Winner - Best New International Feature - Edinburgh International Film Festival
- 2009 Winner - Special Jury Prize - Indie Memphis Film Festival