Education Loan Finance
Education Loan Finance, also known as ELFI, is a division of SouthEast Bank based in Knoxville, Tennessee. Launched in December 2015, ELFI is a national private lending company that refinances graduate and undergraduate student loan debt. In 2016, the company introduced a state-of-the-art loan application system, designed for borrowers to consolidate outstanding education loans into one single loan. By January 2020, the company completed over $1 billion in student loan refinancing.
Services[change | change source]
ELFI primarily focuses on refinancing student loans for undergraduate and graduate borrowers. The borrower and cosigner must be U.S. citizens or permanent resident clients without conditions and with proper evidence of eligibility. Additionally, the borrower must have a minimum loan amount of $15,000, earned a Bachelor's degree or higher, have a minimum income of $35,000 and a minimum credit score of 680. There are no application fees, origination fees or prepayment penalties when refinancing student loans with Education Loan Finance. The refinancing program has received generally favorable reviews from companies and borrowers.
In October 2016, ELFI introduced a new Parent PLUS loan refinancing program, whereby parents who borrowed federal Parent PLUS loans to finance their children's undergraduate education can refinance those loans through ELFI.
In August 2018, ELFI expanded its student loan lending platform to include direct student loans for undergraduates, graduates and parents of students to finance post-secondary education.
SouthEast Bank’s parent company Educational Services of America, Inc. has awarded over $20 million for scholarships and provide financial literacy to borrowers since its inception.
Recognition[change | change source]
- AAA rating from Standard & Poor’s, 2018
- AAA rating from DBRS, 2018
References[change | change source]
- "About | Education Loan Finance | ELFI". Education Loan Finance. Retrieved 2020-09-06.
- "SouthEast Bank Launches ELFI". Education Loan Finance. Retrieved 2020-09-06.
- "Education Loan Finance Surpasses $1 Billion in Student Loan Refinancing". Education Loan Finance. Retrieved 2020-09-06.
- "Student Loan Eligibility Requirements". Education Loan Finance. Retrieved 2020-09-06.
- "ELFI Student Loan Refinancing". Biglaw Investor. Retrieved 2020-09-06.
- "Education Loan Finance Student Loans: 2018 Review — NerdWallet". NerdWallet. 7 March 2018. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "Education Loan Finance is rated "Excellent" with a collective 4.9 rating on Trustpilot based on 1,199 reviews". Trustpilot. Retrieved 6 September 2020.
- "International Business News". International Business Times. Retrieved 2020-09-06.
- "Education Loan Finance Launches Private Student Loan Platform". Education Loan Finance. Retrieved 2020-09-06.
- "Education Services of America, Inc". ELFI, Inc. Retrieved 2020-09-06.