Emilio H. Navaira III (August 23, 1962 – May 16, 2016) was an American musician and singer-songwriter. He was considered the "King of Tejano music". He won more awards at the Tejano Music Awards than any other male Tejano singer. He was born in San Antonio, Texas.
Emilio usually sings Mexican music and country music. Emilio's first country music single called "It's Not the End of the World" which reached the Top 30 on the country charts in 1995. In 1993, Emilio recorded a duet with Selena ("Queen of Tejano music") for her live album Selena Live!. Emilio has been in several car accidents and had been locked up for DUI.
References[change | change source]
- "RIP Emilio Navaira - Tejano music legend dead aged 53". The Independent. 17 May 2016. Retrieved 17 May 2016.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Emilio Navaira y Rio at MySpace
- Video of March 26, 2008, hospital press conference
- Memorial Hermann Hospital newsroom - updates on Emilio's condition
- Tejano star Emilio Navaira injured in Houston bus crash - Dash cam video, audios, and pictures of the crash scene