Jump to navigation Jump to search
English Americans and Canadians as percent of population by state and province.
|22.8 million (2018)|
50,000,000+ Template:Unchanged (1980)
|Regions with significant populations|
|Throughout the entire United States|
|English (American and British English dialects)|
|Related ethnic groups|
|Other English diaspora, American ancestry, Old Stock Americans, other British Americans|
References[change | change source]
- "U.S. Census Bureau, 2018 American Community Survey 1-Year Estimates". data.census.gov. Retrieved April 3, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "1980 United States census" (PDF). census.gov. Retrieved April 3, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- In the 1980 census, 49,598,035 Americans identified as being of English ancestry, although in later censuses most of these same people identified as being of "American" ancestry, when that was added as an option.
- "Table 3. Persons Who Reported at Least One Specific Ancestry Group for Regions, Divisions, and States: 1980" (PDF). Census.gov. Retrieved 21 August 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Bureau, U.S. Census. "American FactFinder - Results". factfinder.census.gov. Archived from the original on 3 February 2012. Retrieved 21 August 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)