|Single by Coldplay|
|from the album A Head Full of Dreams|
|Released||11 November 2016single version)(|
|Coldplay singles chronology|
|"Everglow" at YouTube|
"Everglow" is a song by British rock band Coldplay. It is the fourth track from their seventh studio album, A Head Full of Dreams. The song features uncredited guest vocals by Gwyneth Paltrow. At the time, Paltrow was married to Coldplay's lead singer, Chris Martin. The track was first performed during Zane Lowe's Beats 1 radio show on 26 November 2015. It was released as a promotional single for the album on 27 November 2015.
On 11 November 2016 it was released digitally as the fifth single proper from the album, in a newly recorded version. This version was inspired by Martin's unrehearsed solo performance of the song at the recent Glastonbury Festival. This version ends with a sample of Muhammad Ali's 1977 speech in Newcastle upon Tyne.
References[change | change source]
- "Hear Coldplay's Heartfelt New Ballad 'Everglow'". Rolling Stone.
- "Coldplay Debuts 'Everglow,' Featuring Gwyneth Paltrow". Variety.
- "Listen to new song Everglow". Coldplay.com. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Everglow on Soundcloud".
- "New single version of everglow out today".
- Reed, Ryan (11 November 2016). "Hear Coldplay's Tender, Stripped-Back Version of 'Everglow'". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 18 March 2017.