Evgeny Igorevitch Kissin (Russian: Евге́ний И́горевич Ки́син Yevgeniy Igorevich Kisin; born in Moscow, 10 October 1971) is a Israeli-Russian-British pianist. He has been an Israeli citizen since 2013. He is famous for his playing of the works of the Romantic repertoire, such as Frédéric Chopin and Franz Liszt.
Awards and recognitions[change | change source]
- Musical America, Instrumentalist of the Year, 1994
- Triumph Award, Outstanding Contribution to Russia's Culture (Youngest Awardee), 1997
- Honorary Doctorate of Music by the Manhattan School of Music, New York 2001
- Honorary Membership of the Royal Academy of Music 2005
- Herbert von Karajan Award, Baden-Baden, Germany (2005)
- Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Soloist Performance (without orchestra), 2006
- Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli Award, Brescia, Italy 2007
- Grammy Award for Best Instrumental Soloist(s) Performance (with orchestra), 2009
- Honorary Doctoral Degree by the Hebrew University of Jerusalem 2010
References[change | change source]
- "Biography, biography". Kissin.dk. Retrieved 13 September 2009.