Fadwa Soliman or Fadwa Suleiman (17 May 1970 – 17 August 2017) was a Syrian actress and activist. She was born in Aleppo, Syria. She led a Sunni-majority protest against Bashar al-Assad's government in Homs. She became one of the most recognized faces of the Syrian Civil War.
References[change | change source]
- "Who's who: Fadwa Suleiman". The Syrian Observer. 28 December 2015. Archived from the original on 17 August 2017. Retrieved 17 August 2017.
- Basma Atassi (23 November 2011) "Q&A: Syria's daring actress", Al Jazeera.
- Khaled Yacoub Oweis (5 January 2012) "Syrian actress treads new stage in Syrian protests" Archived 2015-09-24 at the Wayback Machine, Reuters.
- Amrutha Gayathri (March 31, 2012) "Fadwa Suleiman: Actress And Alawite Icon Of Syrian Revolt Warns Of Sectarian Violence", International Business Times.
- "Syrian actress who rallied crowds against Assad dies". AP NEWS. 17 August 2017.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Fadwa Soliman at Wikimedia Commons