Fear: Trump in the White House is a book by American Watergate journalist Bob Woodward. The book explains the operations in the Trump White House and quotes important members of the administration including John F. Kelly as "hiding key information from the president in order that he doesn't make impulsive decisions". It also says United States Secretary of Defense James Mattis called the president a "fifth or fourth grader".
On the 5th of September 2018, President Donald Trump called the book "a con on the public" and said that it had untrue information. White House Chief of Staff also released a statement saying "he is committed to the president".
Reactions[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-slams-woodward-book-as-a-con-on-the-public/ Trump slams Woodward book as 'a con on the public' | The Times of Israel
- https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/donald-trump-brands-fear-trump-in-the-white-house-book-a-con-on-the-public-a3927856.html | Donald Trump brands Fear: Trump in the White House book a 'con on the public' | London Evening Standard
- https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/2018/09/04/kelly-says-he-didn-t-call-trump-idiot-disputing-woodward-book | Woodward Book: Trump Condemns Woodward’s White House Book As A‘Con on the Public’ - Bloomberg Quint
- https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/04/john-kelly-says-he-did-not-call-donald-trump-idiot/1191721002/ Trump calls Woodward's book 'a con on the public'; Kelly denies calling president an 'idiot'
- https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/09/04/woodwards-new-book-reveals-that-in-trumps-world-everybody-hates-everybody/ Woodward’s reporting reveals that in Trump’s world, everybody hates everybody - The Washington Post
- https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/us/politics/woodward-trump-book-fear.html | Jim Mattis Compared Trump to ‘Fifth or Sixth Grader,’ Bob Woodward Says in Book