|Directed by||Andrew Stanton|
|Screenplay by||Andrew Stanton|
|Produced by||Lindsey Collins|
|Music by||Thomas Newman|
|Box office||$1.029 billion|
Finding Dory (known as Finding Nemo 2: Finding Dory) is a 2016 American computer-animated comedy adventure movie.
Production[change | change source]
It was produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is a sequel to the 2003 Disney-Pixar movie, Finding Nemo. Andrew Stanton, who directed the original movie, directed. The movie was confirmed by Walt Disney Pictures in April 2013. The movie was originally scheduled for a holiday 2015 release.
Plot[change | change source]
Finding Dory is about Dory, the regal blue tang fish, who forgets things almost instantly. The story is about Dory reuniting with her family. The movie is set off the coast of California.
Voice cast[change | change source]
Hayden Rolence voiced Nemo the clownfish. This was because Alexander Gould's voice has suddenly deepened since reaching adulthood.
- Ellen DeGeneres as Dory, a regal blue tang.
- Sloane Murray as Baby Dory. Murray is the seven-year-old daughter of producer Lindsey Collins.
- Albert Brooks as Marlin, an overprotective clownfish, Nemo's father and Dory's friend.
- Hayden Rolence as Nemo, a young juvenile clownfish and Marlin's son.
- Ed O'Neill as Hank, a cranky East Pacific red octopus who previously lost a tentacle.
- Diane Keaton as Jenny, Dory's mother.
- Eugene Levy as Charlie, Dory's father.
- Kaitlin Olson as Destiny, a near-sighted whale shark and Dory's childhood friend.
- Ty Burrell as Bailey, a beluga whale who temporarily lost echolocation due to a concussion.
- Idris Elba as Fluke, an easygoing sea lion.
- Dominic West as Rudder, a sea lion and Fluke's friend.
- Bob Peterson as Mr. Ray, a spotted eagle ray and Nemo's schoolteacher.
- Andrew Stanton as Crush, a sea turtle that lives on the East Australian Current.
- Bennett Dammann as Squirt, Crush's son. He was voiced by Nicholas Bird in the previous film.
- Bill Hader as Stan, a kelp bass
- Kate McKinnon as Stan's fish wife
- Angus MacLane as Charlie Back-and-Forth, a sunfish.
- Katherine Ringgold as a chickenfish.
- Sigourney Weaver as herself, the voice intercom announcer for the Institute PA system.
- Alexander Gould as Passenger Carl, a delivery truck driver that works for the Institute, and Passenger Tommy, Carl's co-worker. Gould voiced Nemo in the previous film.
- John Ratzenberger as Bill, a crab.
- Torbin Xan Bullock as Gerald, an outcast California sea lion who is frequently treated hostilely by Fluke & Rudder, and Becky, a friendly and helpful but dimwitted common loon.
- Willem Dafoe as Gill, a moorish idol, who is the leader of the "Tank Gang."
- Brad Garrett as Bloat, a porcupinefish.
- Allison Janney as Peach, a pink starfish.
- Austin Pendleton as Gurgle, a royal gramma.
- Stephen Root as Bubbles, a yellow tang.
- Vicki Lewis as Deb, a four-striped damselfish.
- Jerome Ranft as Jacques, a cleaner shrimp. He was voiced by Joe Ranft, Jerome's late brother, in the previous film.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Kit, Borys (July 7, 2012). "Andrew Stanton to Direct Pixar's 'Finding Nemo' Sequel". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- ↑ Farley, Christopher John (April 2, 2013). "Ellen DeGeneres to Star in 'Nemo' Sequel 'Finding Dory'". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- ↑ Risley, Matt (April 2, 2013). "Pixar confirm Finding Nemo sequel". Total Film. Archived from the original on April 5, 2013. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- ↑ Zeitchik, Steven (April 2, 2013). "Ellen DeGeneres' 'Nemo' sequel, 'Finding Dory,' set for 2015". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- ↑ Lussier, Germain. "'Finding Nemo' Sequel Officially Called 'Finding Dory,' Releases November 25, 2015". /Film. Retrieved April 2, 2013.
- ↑ Alexander, Bryan (June 21, 2016). "Baby Dory is just one of the secret stars of 'Finding Dory'". USA Today. Retrieved June 25, 2016.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Finding Dory on IMDb
- Finding Dory at the Big Cartoon DataBase
- 2016 movies
- English-language movies
- 2016 adventure movies
- 2010s buddy movies
- 2016 comedy movies
- 2010s sequel movies
- 2016 computer-animated movies
- 2010s American adventure movies
- American animated movies
- American buddy comedy movies
- American comedy movies
- American family movies
- American sequel movies
- 2010s buddy comedy movies
- Finding Nemo
- Movies about fish
- Movies set in California
- Pixar movies
- Movies directed by Andrew Stanton