Five Nights at Freddy's (series)
Five Nights at Freddy's, or FNaF, is a media franchise based around an indie video game series created, designed, developed, and published by Scott Cawthon kyle gingell for Microsoft Windows, iOS, and Android.
The series is about a fictional restaurant named Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.
The first 3 games involve the player working as a nighttime security guard, in which they must utilize several tools, most notably checking security cameras, to survive against animatronic characters, which become mobile and homicidal after-hours.
The fourth game, which uses different gameplay mechanics and takes place in the house of a child who must defend against nightmarish versions of the animatronics. In the sixth game, the player acts as the owner of a pizzeria which they must decorate with payable items, and must also work the night shift for their pizzeria, which plays similarly to previous games.
A horror attraction based on the series was featured in the Adventuredome in Halloween of 2016. Additionally, the series appeared in the Guinness Book of Records: Gamer's Edition, breaking the record for the largest number of sequels released in a year.
List of games[change | change source]
- Five Nights at Freddy's (2014)
- Five Nights at Freddy's 2 (2014)
- Five Nights at Freddy's 3 (2015)
- Five Nights at Freddy's 4 (2015)
- FNaF World (2016)
- Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location (2016)
- Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator (2017)
- Ultimate Custom Night (2018)
- Five Nights At Freddy's VR: Help Wanted (2019)
References[change | change source]
- Guinness World Records Gamer's Edition 2017. 2016. p. 46. ISBN 978-1910561409.
- D'Alessandro, Anthony (February 12, 2018). "Chris Columbus To Write & Direct 'Five Nights At Freddy's' For Blumhouse". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 12, 2018.