|2018–2020 Florida Legislature|
|2 terms (8 years)|
|Founded||May 26, 1845|
|Preceded by||Legislative Council of the Territory of Florida|
President pro tempore
Length of term
|Authority||Article III, Constitution of Florida|
|Salary||$29,697.00/year + per diem (Subsistence & Travel)|
|November 6, 2018|
|November 2, 2020|
|In God We Trust|
The Florida Senate is the upper house of the Florida Legislature, the state legislature of the U.S. state of Florida, the Florida House of Representatives being the lower house. The Senate is made of 40 members, each elected from a single-member district with a population of about 470,000 residents.
References[change | change source]
- "Bill Galvano of Bradenton elected president of Florida Senate". Bradenton Herald.
- "Sen. David Simmons, named Florida Senate president pro tempore, plans to continue education efforts". Tampa Bay Times.
- "Passidomo named majority leader, Benacquisto retains chairmanship in Florida Senate". Fort Myers News-Press.
- "Senate Democrats select Audrey Gibson as 2018-20 leader". Florida Politics.
- "The 2017 Florida Statutes F.S. 11.13 Compensation of members". Florida Legislature.
- "CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA". Florida Legislature. Archived from the original on December 8, 2008. Retrieved December 6, 2017.
- "Senators". Florida Senate.