|Controlled by||United States Army|
|LTG David G. Perkins|
|Garrison|| U.S. Army Combined Arms Center|
Command and General Staff College
15th Military Police Brigade (705th Military Police Battalion)
Fort Leavenworth is a United States Army installation in Leavenworth County, Kansas. It was built in 1827. It is the oldest active United States Army post west of Washington, D.C., and it is the oldest permanent settlement in Kansas. Fort Leavenworth has been historically known as the "Intellectual Center of the Army."
References[change | change source]
- "Fort Leavenworth History". Garrison.leavenworth.army.mil. Archived from the original on 17 March 2012. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "Combined Arms Center Overview". Usacac.army.mil. 6 July 2011. Archived from the original on 2 March 2012. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "Fort Leavenworth". National Historic Landmark summary listing. National Park Service. Archived from the original on 15 June 2009. Retrieved 25 June 2008.
- Jerry L. Rogers and Donald F. Dosch (13 December 1973). "National Register of Historic Places Inventory-Nomination: Fort Leavenworth, National Historic Landmark / Fort Leavenworth" (PDF). National Park Service. Retrieved 2009-06-22. Cite journal requires
|journal=(help) and Accompanying photos, exterior and interior, from 19 (2.23 MB)
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fort Leavenworth.|
- Freedom's Frontier
- Frontier Army Museum
- Fort Leavenworth Home Page
- Munson Army Health Center
- Guide for visitors to Fort Leavenworth
- The Fort Leavenworth Lamp Online – Fort Leavenworth's Newspaper
- U.S. Army Combined Arms Center
- U.S. Army Disciplinary Barracks, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
- TRADOC Schools
- TRADOC Website
- Fort Leavenworth History Collection[permanent dead link] Combined Arms Research Library Digital Library
- USD 207 local unified school district
- Fort Leavenworth has been extensively documented by the Historic American Buildings Survey. Sample documents include:
- HABS No. KS-7, "Fort Leavenworth, The Rookery, 12-14 Sumner Place, Leavenworth, Leavenworth County, KS", 4 photos, 5 data pages
- HABS No. KS-8, "20-22 Sumner Place (House), Leavenworth, Leavenworth County, KS", 8 photos, 6 data pages