Francesco Maria de' Medici
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Francesco Maria de' Medici|
Medici while Cardinal
|Duke of Rovere and Montefeltro|
|Reign||6 March 1694 – 3 February 1711|
12 November 1660|
Pitti Palace, Florence, Tuscany
3 February 1711 (aged 50)|
Bagno a Ripoli, Florence, Tuscany
|Spouse||Eleonora Luisa Gonzaga|
|House||House of Medici|
|Father||Ferdinando II de' Medici|
|Mother||Vittoria della Rovere|
Early life[change | change source]
In 1683 he was made governor of Siena.
Cardinal[change | change source]
Duke[change | change source]
In March 1694, he inherited to the Duchies of Rovere and Montefeltro.
Titles and styles[change | change source]
- 12 November 1660 – 6 March 1694: His Highness Prince Francesco Maria de' Medici.
- 6 March 1694 – 3 February 1711: His Highness The Duke of Rovere and Montefeltro.
- 2 September 1686 – 19 June 1709: His Eminence Cardinal Francesco Maria de' Medici.
References[change | change source]
- Bensley, Edward. (1915). "Francesco Maria, Cardinal de' Medici," Notes and Queries, p. 408; retrieved 2011-10-28.
- Mark NOBLE (Rector of Barming.) (1797). Memoirs of the illustrious House of Medici, from Giovanni, the founder of their greatness, who died in.. 1428, to the death of Giovanni-Gaston, the last Grand Duke of Tuscany, in 1737. Illustrated with.. genealogical tables. p. 393.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Francesco Maria de' Medici.|