|Member of the U.S. House of Representatives|
from North Carolina's 1st district
January 3, 2003 – June 8, 2004
|Preceded by||Eva Clayton|
|Succeeded by||G. K. Butterfield|
Frank Winston Ballance Jr.
February 15, 1942
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, U.S.
|Died||February 22, 2019 (aged 77)|
Raleigh, North Carolina, U.S.
|Branch/service||North Carolina National Guard|
|Years of service||1968-1971|
Frank Winston Ballance Jr. (February 15, 1942 – February 22, 2019) was an American politician and attorney. He was a Democratic member of the United States House of Representatives from 2003 to 2004. He represented North Carolina's 1st congressional district.
References[change | change source]
- "Former NC lawmaker and ENC Congressman dies". WITN. February 22, 2019. Retrieved February 23, 2019.
- "Frank Ballance, former NC lawmaker and congressman, dies at 77". WRAL. February 26, 2019.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Biography at the Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- US Attorney on the plea agreement at the Wayback Machine (archived December 4, 2004)
- US Attorney on the indictment of the Ballances at the Wayback Machine (archived December 4, 2004)
- Carolina Journal on the Ballance scandal
- Appearances on C-SPAN