Franklin County, Kentucky
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Franklin County Courthouse in Frankfort
Location within the U.S. state of Kentucky
Kentucky's location within the U.S.
|Founded||May 10, 1795|
|Named for||Benjamin Franklin|
|• Total||212 sq mi (550 km2)|
|• Land||208 sq mi (540 km2)|
|• Water||4.3 sq mi (11 km2) 2.0%%|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||237/sq mi (92/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
History[change | change source]
Geography[change | change source]
Bordering counties[change | change source]
- Owen County (north)
- Scott County (east)
- Woodford County (southeast)
- Anderson County (south)
- Shelby County (west)
- Henry County (northwest)
Communities[change | change source]
City[change | change source]
- Frankfort (county seat)
References[change | change source]
- "Kentucky: County – Franklin – Welcome". Franklincounty.ky.gov. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "State & County QuickFacts". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on June 6, 2011. Retrieved March 6, 2014.
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Archived from the original on 2011-05-31. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- The Register of the Kentucky State Historical Society, Volume 1. Kentucky State Historical Society. 1903. pp. 35.
- "2010 Census Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. August 22, 2012. Archived from the original on August 12, 2014. Retrieved August 14, 2014.